Love Makes Everything Easier

Options
So many of us on MFP have days, when we feel so 'burned out'. You start to question, "Is it all worth it?"..."Can I keep going?"

We often turn to our dear friends on MFP for encouragement...the right words and sage advice to stay on tract or recharge us; but I know that I need more.

Some days, all I want is just a hug, a kiss, a smile that says, "I love you...just as you are. I love you, even when you are NOT acting loveable...when you are pushing me to the limit."

I am blessed (perhaps more than many folks), because I have a hubbie who is more than just the man in my life. He is my strength some days. We both know God gives us strength, but we also know the importance of a life companion who loves us on the good days...on the bad days...on the days that would test the patience of a saint.

My hubbie (aka Special Ed) is that special person in my life. He only has to put his arms around me or just give me 'that look' that says I am loved "for better...for worse...in sickness and in health...forsaking all other, until death do us part.

The past few weeks post op from double knee replacement surgery have left me exhausted and in pain at some very inconvenient times of the day and night, but Ed is always there, showing me patience, compassion and unlimited love.

Today, my knees were very swollen and tender; so, Special Ed put me into bed with ice packs on both my knees. Then, he covered me up and put our dog Bailey up in the bed 'with Mama' to keep her company.

Here is a photo that Ed took of Bailey and I at rest.

c475cb9e-f035-4f77-9a74-9ed214b96b95_zpsc1f00ece.jpg

This is the photo that I took of the face looking down at me, as I lay in bed. That look says all that I need to know. I am loved...more than I deserve.

026ce6d7-1619-415b-90b9-0bcf1633406c_zps841d53a4.jpg

I hope that each of you has someone like Ed in your life to give you the love and strength that you deserve and need...in the good times and the bad. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sue you are so amazing. All that you're going through and you're thinking of Ed first. You 2 are what I pray my husband and I will be like in our golden years (no offence please). Know that you're not loved only by Special Ed, your MFP sisters are thinking of you (my husband even asked how your recovery is going, I guess I speak of you often)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Hanfordrose, you and Ed are so very lucky to have one another.
    I, too, have an "Ed" in my life. His name is Joe and we've been loving each other for over 40 years!
    We also take care of each other.
    I understand how you feel.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    I know with Ed's tender care, you will be up and feeling better than ever before you know it!
  • PReiss828
    PReiss828 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You brought tears to my eyes....you two are so special....God sure got it right!!! Blessings to you both!!!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Sue you are so amazing. All that you're going through and you're thinking of Ed first. You 2 are what I pray my husband and I will be like in our golden years (no offence please). Know that you're not loved only by Special Ed, your MFP sisters are thinking of you (my husband even asked how your recovery is going, I guess I speak of you often)

No offense taken, Sis. I will turn 69 years old on February 6th. I am happy to have my sweet Ed in these 'golden years', when life is about real love and not just how sexy you look. I am thinner now than I was in my late 30's; but my body is never going to look young again. I am delighted, when my hubbie tells me that I look sexy. I know that he is just joking, but I also know that he loves me...and my old body...just as I am.
  • dsanford55
    dsanford55 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sue....I am glad you and Ed found each other. Your love story is really sweet and I know you feel so lucky to have such a wonderful man in your life. I am praying for you body to heal soon and the pain be nothing but a distant memory. Take care!
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing. You are a very lucky lady and he's a lucky man:-) I am so grateful and thankful to have my wonderful husband who supports and loves me unconditionally. It really is a awesome feeling to have someone like that. God bless you and your husband and I hope you feel better:flowerforyou:
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You are truly blessed, Sue!
    May you and your Special Ed have 45 years or more
    to enjoy each others' company.
    You two are encouraging to all of us on MFP!
    Thank you so much for your posts!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I mean this in a weight loss progress way: Your nose is getting pointy and thin. You look so great! I have been amazed at your numbers! Every time I update, you have lost another half pound! You and Ed bring me great joy when you share your daily lives and struggles. Bless you both.
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It is a true blessing to have someone who takes care of us out of pure love. Mine is "Special John" lol! Thanks for sharing another uplifting post! Continuing to pray for a speedy recovery my friend.
  • FoogooFish
    FoogooFish Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I got teary-eyed reading this post! It made me appreciate my "Ed" and all the wonderful things he does for me. =)
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It is so special when you have someone in your life that is such a support and gives all they have and then some. Been there, am there, and couldn't make it with out it. 48 years
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I thank God for allowing Jesus to be that Boaz in my life. As I patiently wait for him to find me I will continue to work in the field and let Jesus be to me what Ed is you!! Thank you you for sharing your story with me and giving a single young lady something to look forward to that will last "True love"
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My "Ed" is Jacob and he's my fiance. It is too true that love makes everything easier. When my medical condition leaves me bed-ridden or limited in my abilities, he is happy to help me (when I'm not too stubborn to ask). Going through the weight loss and healthier lifestyle journey was harder when I was single. Jacob encourages me by doing it all with me. I have more to say, but I'm getting emotional writing this, so I'll leave it at that for now.

Thank you for this post.
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You two are an inspiration for those of us starting late in life to find that special love. After a couple of failed attempts, I think I've finally gotten it right, and to look at the love that you two share makes me realize the wait was worth it. What a wonderful story!!! :heart: