Introducing myself and need accountability

Options
Hello,

My name is Maureen and I am a mom of three who works part time and lives in Canada. I have 30 pounds to lose…. it has crept on slowly and if I had made changes last year at this same time, i would be at my goal weight. I have tried Weight Watchers several times but always leave because the meetings never change. I need accountability but I also need authentic conversations and learning time.

I have checked into Isagenix, I did LA Weight Loss, I have checked into HcG and I've checked into Bernstein. I don't want to go those routes. Slow and steady wins the race but an occasional awesome weekly loss would be a bonus every so often, too.

That's me so far… your help and encouragement would be so welcome!

Replies

• hikiwix
    hikiwix Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Maureen! My name is Caity and I am just beginning my journey too :) Feel free to add me, I would love to encourage you along as well as have more accountability for myself!! We can do this!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Welcome... Feel Free to add me if you want. Been around since August... hit the first 90 days fast and furious then Thanksgiving came and I just let the holidays take over... Back at it again, and have the support of many friends to help me get there. They were there when I was not doing so good cheering me on... Great Support group on MFP!!!
  • melybelyc
    Options
    Hi Maureen! I am a 40 year old mother of one who has been on a fitness journey since April 2013. I am also Canadian. This group an definitely help you stay motivated and accountable. Welcome!
  • Dncing78
    Dncing78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as well. I've been off and on mfp for two years, but I too know slow and steady is the best way! I have three kids, who are now all in school, and I'm relearning how to be me!
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello Maureen and other MFPers! Feel free to add me, I'd love to have some more friends to share the process with! :-) We can do this! :-)
  • csjaynes
    Options
    My name is Caroline and I have about 40 pounds to lose. I'd love some support and accountability as well so feel free to add me! Let's a get a little support group going!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    guys join my group.. thre is seven of us now.. i look forward to supporting you and giving gentle kicks when needed.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability