If you didn't Log It, it Didn't Happen!

Options
Just curious - how many people don't put entries for things they didn't plan to eat, regret eating, or are embarrassed about? :laugh:
I didn't really think about doing that till seeing that come up a lot on the message boards.

For me there are some horrendous days in the Diary, but I figure I'd better log them so I know what my patterns are, should the scale ever get stuck! I'm not trying to be judgey - i have a day where I ate almost DOUBLE my allotment. oops. (If you are a friend of mine and feel like it, go look at Oct 16.)

What are some other things you do to cope w/ Meals you'd rather forget?
(Immediately jog in place, forget about it. log it anyways...)

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    LOL! I was just thinking of doing that...if I want a mini snickers, i need to jog in place for 3 minutes abnd burn the calories first, then eat it. Because if I don't burn it, I won't log it. i am guilty of that! but on the same token, i also don't cry about my scale not moving, I know why it's not. I just plug along and hope for the best!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I don't do it. My diary doesnt reset til about 8.30 am...I hate not being able to log it until then and sometimes wait until it has before I eat! If you don't log it you are only cheating yourself...but the same can be said for some of the food entries on here...I was looking at a few recently and just kept thinking "who the hell do you think you are kidding!" Never ever ever trust the entries marked with the *
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Umm, that would be Thursday and Friday, you will notice those days have been barely touched in my diary, so in my mind they don't count, but agree if the scale doesn't move I personally know why... On a posistive note I didn't lose but I didn't gain either...
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    LOL! I was just thinking of doing that...if I want a mini snickers, i need to jog in place for 3 minutes abnd burn the calories first, then eat it. Because if I don't burn it, I won't log it. i am guilty of that! but on the same token, i also don't cry about my scale not moving, I know why it's not. I just plug along and hope for the best!

Good for you being honest with yourself. That is the most important thing. I encourage my new MFP friends to log every single bite/swallow they take. If they are embarrassed by what they eat or the amounts they eat or by how little they exercise - then I tell them don't allow others to see their food diaries. It is way more important for them to be honest and then hold themselves accountable than it is for me to see what they are eating or how much or how little they are exercising. This is about the individual person attaining a greater level of health. It is a very personal journey and important for them to be completely honest as they travel that journey to health.

I simply choose to not eat the stuff that will not contribute to good health - it takes a tremendous amount of strength (especially at work related functions where they pass around the donut plate or the candy bar box - UGH!!!) I just think about how much extra exercise I will have to do to compensate for what ever piece of junk they are passing by me - and I choose to say NO THANKS. They are beginning to get the idea that I won't indulge and some are starting to provide healthier snacks - which I still don't indulge in because I already have my food plan for the day mapped out and know how much exercise I will have to do, etc.

Vickie
  • lesliefm
    lesliefm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If I hate to log the food( i.e. all that Halloween candy), I just add up all the calories and add it under snacks. Then, I hit the "if every day were like today...." button to see the damage.

I still count it though, it does keep me motivated.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand the point of using this wonderful site if you don't log everything.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I log the good & the bad....as much as I hate to see the stuff I regret eating, it does help me be prepared for whatever situation that made me cave in. I'm an emotional eater & to help combat that I go back and read my food journals. Cheesy but it helps me remember how I felt after I ate what I normally wouldn't eat.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I simply choose to not eat the stuff that will not contribute to good health

:smile: hoping to get there! i figure if i'm still going to eat it, i can't be in denial - it has to go in the diary!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i add it. I just put it under quick add calories so I don't have to detail exactly what it was. Makes me feel less of an oinker. :0)
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    lol. log it anyway. it may pain you but it'll make you accountable. just the other day, i went over by over 1000 cal. it's on there though. kinda gives you no excuses. just log it, live with it and do better next time. lol. good question though. i'm sure you're not the only one. :)
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that but now I make myself accountable. Check my food diary!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Sometimes though I have the opposite problem...I don't eat some of the things that get put in. I have good intentions on eatting my evening snack (usually yogurt and fruit), but I don't always get to it. I will log it and post the diary before midnight, and sometimes by the time I go to bed at 3am or so I have forgotten to eat it.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I've done it once, a few months back but it was because I had a late night snack, fell asleep and forgot by the next day. Usually, I find if I plan in advance then I will stick to the plan. One of the reasons I am here is because I feel accountable. That's what usually stops the cheating.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    See my dinner?
    crickets20chirpingjpg1.gif
    Nothing. I don't even remember what all Ii ate at Monster Jam. Not embarrassed, just didn't care.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    See my dinner?
    crickets20chirpingjpg1.gif
    Nothing. I don't even remember what all Ii ate at Monster Jam. Not embarrassed, just didn't care.

:laugh: nice cartoon! i know, right? it's not like you didn't eat it - i just log in anyways too!