experiment

I love doing social experiments. Pretending I'm another person in first meetings...asking random questions in new environments...and playing the fool to see what if...does anyone else have some go to random things they do in bars or new social surroundings to spice up there life?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    I'm just kind is a square, here and IRL
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    I would do this....but only in Vegas...lol
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    When I travel, I like to mess with the locals especially if I speak their language, I pretend I don't understand what they are saying and just speak English. It is very entertaining. Had 2 girls talk about spiking my drink and robbing me in Germany was very unsettling to hear them plan it while they smiled at me and spoke in broken English.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    My friends and I go around Walmart saying random things to each other (our new one will be phrases from Cards Against Humanity). One of my friends does a killer monkey impression, and she does it in drive throughs.
  • When I travel, I like to mess with the locals especially if I speak their language, I pretend I don't understand what they are saying and just speak English. It is very entertaining. Had 2 girls talk about spiking my drink and robbing me in Germany was very unsettling to hear them plan it while they smiled at me and spoke in broken English.

Wow! What did u do?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    When I travel, I like to mess with the locals especially if I speak their language, I pretend I don't understand what they are saying and just speak English. It is very entertaining. Had 2 girls talk about spiking my drink and robbing me in Germany was very unsettling to hear them plan it while they smiled at me and spoke in broken English.

Wow! What did u do?

Found some girls from England and ended up hanging with them, the girls moved on to find another victim I guess because I saw them with another guy and I warned him about them when we were in the WC. I got distracted and had a good time so didn't pay attention to what happened after that.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Sounds like a waste of time to me lol.
    Why would you want to be deceitful, even to people you don't know? Haha.. Yes, I admit it made me laugh to think of the whole thing, but it's so wrong.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    role playing can definitely be fun, in the right situation :blushing:
  • Sounds like a waste of time to me lol.
    Why would you want to be deceitful, even to people you don't know? Haha.. Yes, I admit it made me laugh to think of the whole thing, but it's so wrong.

I don't see it as deceitful, unless ur a a con man/woman. It all comes down to the intent.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I love doing social experiments. Pretending I'm another person in first meetings...asking random questions in new environments...and playing the fool to see what if...does anyone else have some go to random things they do in bars or new social surroundings to spice up there life?

Yes, I draw people into discussions that make them uncomfortable because it safely challenges their world view, and sexuality. Sexuality for days.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    no im already always the odd one in the room
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    At my Beautiful Wife's class reunion, she naively left me alone for 30 seconds. I proceeded to introduce myself to a table of her former classmates as if I were her boyfriend. I explained very politely that I would need to be leaving soon due to the fact that her Husband was on his way and that he and I didn't get along very well. :huh:

I was busted by her friend at a nearby table that actually knew me... :noway:

Good Times!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    This is what I did my last trip to St. Petersburg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zoLvoBxNc
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Majored in psych and soc in college. It's interesting to watch interactions,and I love to analyze situations and reactions. However, there's a difference in experimenting with a situation and being random, immature,and annoying.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Majored in psych and soc in college. It's interesting to watch interactions,and I love to analyze situations and reactions. However, there's a difference in experimenting with a situation and being random, immature,and annoying.

Thread killer...:indifferent:

Hahahaha!
  • I love doing social experiments. Pretending I'm another person in first meetings...asking random questions in new environments...and playing the fool to see what if...does anyone else have some go to random things they do in bars or new social surroundings to spice up there life?

Yes, I draw people into discussions that make them uncomfortable because it safely challenges their world view, and sexuality. Sexuality for days.

I notice some people thrive on sexual energy and some people are fine without it. It is a very interesting force.
  • Majored in psych and soc in college. It's interesting to watch interactions,and I love to analyze situations and reactions. However, there's a difference in experimenting with a situation and being random, immature,and annoying.

There definitely is a poetic way to be random. Social alertness should be a class in schools lol
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Dude, did you see Hostel?