Greek yogurt, recipes?

Options
MissBabyJane
MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
I have plain yogurt and I'm looking for recipes to make it like a dessert? I think maybe with a banana? Do you have any recipes

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can make yoghurt panacotta. Or use it in baking...

Or make a "sundae" with it - layers of granola chunks, fruit (berries are good, or mango/passion fruit) and yoghurt
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like making it into a coconut pudding with chia seeds, almond milk + tropical fruit (pineapple, papaya, banana - whatever you have or a mix!)
    To make the pudding, mix ~6 oz yogurt with 1/3 cup almond milk or water, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (small splash), and a pinch of stevia (or whatever sweetener you prefer). Let sit in the fridge for a few hours. The chia seeds thicken it and make it like tapioca. If you don't have them, just sweeten the yogurt and move on. I still like to thin out greek yogurt with a little water if I'm eating it plain; that's just me.
    Then after the pudding has gelled, mix in shredded coconut to taste, and top with your fruit. soo good! my fave late night snack.
  • seasonsanna
    Options
    I made some yum ice cream the other night. about 1 - 1 1/2 cups of yogurt, 3 or 4 frozen bananas, 1 teaspoon or so of cinnamon, and a little splash of maple syrup tossed into a blender. so good!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I like it with chopped banana. I also use it in soup and stuff instead of sour cream