FIBER!

Options
How do you get your fiber throughout the day? Take supplements? Food? What are your favorite high fiber foods??

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Fruits, Veggies, and Whole Grains. Beans are also a good source of fiber.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just added 1/2 cup of Fibre 1 cereal to my yogurt this morning and according to MFP it alone provided my daily servings of Fibre. It was pretty good too.
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat, High Fiber Tortillas are a great source of fiber! 12 g of fiber, 8g protein, and only 80 calories, I use them to make wraps nearly every day!

I also eat raspberries with yogurt. 1 cup of raspberries packs 8g of fiber!
  • sarahleelee
    Options
    I just added 1/2 cup of Fibre 1 cereal to my yogurt this morning and according to MFP it alone provided my daily servings of Fibre. It was pretty good too.

MFP's daily intake requirements for fiber is really low. My best friend, who has her Masters in nutritional sciences, says the recommendation for an adult is between 25-35g of fiber a day!
  • active lifestyle oats and carmel bars they have 9 grams fiber, I dont eat them all the time but there good sometimes.
  • cozzy530
    Options
    Fiber one bars are a good.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options

MFP's daily intake requirements for fiber is really low. My best friend, who has her Masters in nutritional sciences, says the recommendation for an adult is between 25-35g of fiber a day!

hey thanks for sharing this. i was wondering because this is one of the several numbers where i go over each day so in this case it is actually okay! [ :laugh: unfortunately often calories too.]
  • MrBuckeye
    Options
    I have added Fiber One Strawberry Kiwi Packets to my first bottled water of the day. It breaks up the monotony of water all day long. Only 20 calories.
  • sarahleelee
    Options
    hey thanks for sharing this. i was wondering because this is one of the several numbers where i go over each day so in this case it is actually okay! [ :laugh: unfortunately often calories too.]

Fiber is so good for you! I used to try to hit 40g a day, but that took a lot of work. Now I hit around 35 in whole grains, fruits and veggies :) It's natural and helps keep your body regulated!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options

Fiber is so good for you! I used to try to hit 40g a day, but that took a lot of work. Now I hit around 35 in whole grains, fruits and veggies :) It's natural and helps keep your body regulated!

Right - sorry to original poster never answered the question: food. I'm sort of lazy and can't bother w/ supplements, etc, so my fiber intake is from food: fruits, veggies, legumes. When the weather is colder (now) I switch from greek yogurt + fruit to oat bran hot cereal + fruit. [Old Wessex has 6g fiber, 7g proteim and 20% rda of Iron in the oat bran itself - NOT ADDED. A little pricey though :frown: ]
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I take a psyllium husk supplement twice a day and I've recently started eating breakfast cereal with higher fiber content. I recently saw that Beachbody has a fiber powder companion to Shakeology, I need to compare that with what I'm doing now to see which is better both for my fiber intake and my wallet, lol.