"Free day" on your birthday????

Options
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!! I have a question. How many of you allow a free day or free meal on your birthday?? Do u stay within your range or????

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I generally allow myself a "free day". My birthday is Sunday, I'm 28 weeks pregnant, and have gained a few pounds more than I wanted to. This year, I'll probably still have a decadent dinner but will try to stay within my calorie goal, or at least close to it.

That being said (and this is my own personal philosophy!), I don't think a few days here and there of not counting will hurt for the average person. I generally don't count on my birthdays, holidays and on vacation. It's worked for me in the past but not working so well during pregnancy :tongue:

ETA: Happy birthday!!
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you want a free day, take it.

If you feel like working out, do it. If not, don't.

That's the way I handle my birthday :)
  • Sandyfergie
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose. I gave myself a free time between Thanksgiving and Christmas but only if I kept within a two pound goal weight. I think a free day or a free meal is fine. I have lost 75.6 pounds and have that many more to go.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My Birthday was on Wednesday - my normal daily goal is 1642 - I ate/drank 4000 on Wednesday, and I am out tonight and tomorrow night for a concert and dinner so I'll likely go over again. I've just tried to go under during the week so that at the end of this week I'll work out at least maintenance.

One day is not going to derail. Enjoy yourself!!!!
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Happy Birthday to all of you that have upcoming birthdays! I think I will allow myself a free dinner today when we go out to eat. I just was curious how everyone else felt about it on their special days!
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I think it's extremely important that you take a free day for events like that! I've turned down cake, made super healthy choices on I and my friend's birthdays, but always felt really deprived afterwards. Are you really going to live a life without cake? FOREVER? It's just not reasonable to assume you're going to be 100% all of the time. Maybe take a walk that morning, add a few extra minutes of exercise throughout the week to make up for it, but, most importantly, enjoy your day!
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I would take a free day. :)
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you! Have a great one.

Personally, I do a 'Free" day on my birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I still log everything. My OCD won't let me do otherwise. LOL
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Please I allow a free day and/or meal weekly...
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Happy Birthday. My birthday is on Sunday and It is definately going to be a free day. My goal is just to log everything.... well almost everything.