Dryathalon

Options
Hi,
I have tried searching for this topic and was surprised to not see one already.
So I am starting it!
Who is doing the Dryathalon for Cancer Research?
I am! Day 8 dry and still going strong.
It's been really hard, I was quite a big drinker and it took up until last night to get a sound nights sleep plus waking up feeling refreshed with no headache!
How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I gave it up for Lent a few years back, and I'm still really good at not drinking on week nights. Worth it, even if it just saves you the money you'd have spent on booze!
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but I did sober October for macmillan.

A lot of it depends on your friends and family supporting you. A lot of my friends thought it was silly and tried to get me to have a drink. Not having the support there makes it harder but I did it.

So you can do it :)
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm doing this! I don't drink a whole lot anyway, I only really drink on nights out and they've become somewhat of a rarity within the past year, but thought it'd be a good way to kickstart my fitness back up again and it's probably the best idea seeing as I have a whole load of University deadlines coming up. I do have a few people trying to get me to come out though...more than usual it seems!

Almost day 9 and doing absolutely great.
  • angulasalajillo
    Options
    I'm also now on Day 9 and feeling surprisingly chipper (stinking cold aside!)... I don't really have any cravings except when my other half is droning on about beer.

i am definitely sleeping better and I have more energy during the day. I also feel like my body is fighting this cold better than it normally would, but that might be all in my head... :-)

keep it up!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am not doing it for sponsorship, but i'm not drinking for January. its not bothered me at all... i have also given up diet coke and redbull, that has been a lot harder!!!!
  • AlanPYoung
    Options
    I'm doing it with a bit of cheating - it was my birthday on the 4th of January so I started after that.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Here's to Day 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We got this!