What about Garmin for HRM

Options
I like the features of this one, http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/garmin-310xthrm.html has anyone used it? I want built in GPS to track my runs. I really wanted a motorola but the reviews were terrible. Not impressed with Polar so far which is the reason I need a new one. Any advice guys?

Replies

• Kauczuk
    Kauczuk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You will be happy with it. Garmin 310xt was my choice at the beginning as a run watch. It has a lot of cool features, good battery and a lot of useful functions. At the end I went for Polar RCX5... minus is a separate GPS, but it is advantage as well, with 1s recording gps has 20h work time on one charge, and watch uses regular battery which lasts for 11 months. I bought Polar because it looks amazing and I'm using it as a regular watch as well. Garmin is too big for that.

If you want to read good reviews and compare more models - http://www.dcrainmaker.com/ this is a bible of HRMs ;)

If you don't need to buy it now and have flexible budget I would wait for new Polar V800.
  • stplatt
    stplatt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Another Garmin fan here. I have found my (admittedly) older 205 to be very reliable. I much prefer it to the phone apps that are out there. Much easier to use don't have to worry about operation while wearing gloves like I do my phone.

I have never used the 310, but I have heard that it is a solid device. I am probably going to be upgrading to that model some time later this year. I am not sure about the 310, but the 205 has a problem with sweat. after a few years, of moisture buildup in the unit, it shorts out the beeper in the unit. The unit still functions, but it just doesn't beep any more. I would assume that they have probably remedied that with the 10 series. Another option would be to step up to the 220 which costs a little more, but is the latest model. Also a little slimmer on the wrist.

But yes. the 310 is an excellent choice if you are in the market.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    I got a Garmin Forerunner 210 for Christmas and I LOVE IT!! The GPS is very accurate and it also has a HRM if you can stand the chest strap. They don't bother me but I know for sone it's unbareable. When I started running I used a Polar FT4 whitch has no GPS only to track calories burned, but watned to upgrade since my distance was improving so much. I highly recommend it.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. That helps me with my decision. I will take a look at the RCX5 before I purchase. I just want something with a built in GPS, HRM, and something to tell me calories burned.
  • stplatt
    stplatt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not Garmin related, but if you do get a Garmin, you have GOT to download sportstracks. If you are a data geek like I am, it is a must. It installs locally on your computer so that no matter what the various websites do with your data, you have a copy of everything you have done.

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/sporttracks/

Totally sweet program. Costs $35 for the full program, but has a very functional (with a FEW limitations) trial that basically never expires.

Blessings,
    Steven
  • Whyareyoumad
    Options
    Thank you Steven.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Options
    After reading about as many reviews and opinions I can find, I have decided on the Garmin. Thanks for all of your input guys.