How does this... I don't even...

Options
Hi all - apologies if this has been done before!

My weight loss seems to be going well but I'm confused about something.

I am losing weight, my clothes are feeling looser (I've even dropped a jeans size, which is awesome).
BUT - when I take my measurements there is little to no difference!

I've not reduced my waist size since the 13th December and only 2cm from my hips and bust... how does this work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself?

I have such a hard time taking measurements. I find that I always place the measuring tape in a different place and it just doesnt come out properly.

Maybe that could be your issue.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If your clothes are looser, you've lost inches.
  • wrk2hrd
    wrk2hrd Posts: 28
    Options
    make sure you're making the measurements in the correct location and the same location each time - that's all that matters.

It's like weighing yourself on an incorrect scale. So long as it gives you consistent numbers relative to gain/loss, you can still get measurable results.
  • Ernatello
    Ernatello Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Perhaps aren't measuring in the exact same spot each time, it can be hard doing it yourself. I have found it useful in the past to take photos while measuring so I can get it as accurate as possible.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's interesting that you say that because I'm just a very few pounds from my goal weight and I can still see the last few pounds hanging around my belly, preventing my waist measurement from dropping as much as I thought they would have until just very recently. Much of the fat I've lost before now has come from all over my body. The inches are just now coming off my waist quickly.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I have this issue also, I think we do place the measuring tape in different places despite thinking its same place..also we can pull it tighter/looser...
    just this morning I had to tigthen my belt another notch which is 1", so I thought yayy I've lost another inch off my waist...then I measured and found my waist the same! I have no idea how that happens!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    if your cloths are looser either they stretched or you lose inches. I am guessing you lost inches but are having trouble measuring the exact same spot you did last time.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I was noticing the same thing on myself. I've lost three jeans sizes and... half an inch off my hips. I'm a costumer, I know I'm measuring the same place each time. I don't know what's happening, but I'll take it.
  • angulasalajillo
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and pointers guys and girls.

I'm probably not measuring accurately, nor in the same place.

Also, my tape measure is in cm and there are numbers everywhere and I am not used to it!

I will do it in front of the mirror at the same time of day. As you've mentioned, if my clothes are looser then I must be losing somewhere! :wink:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Hehe yep, and OP, why do you care? It kind of sounds like you just want to complain about something not going your way. Rejoice in all the things you've got going right.
  • angulasalajillo
    Options

Hehe yep, and OP, why do you care? It kind of sounds like you just want to complain about something not going your way. Rejoice in all the things you've got going right.

Not complaining, just curious. :smile: