Do you have a favorite K-cup?

Options
I love my Kuerig.. Last night I tried a new K-cup called Hot Apple Cider. It was so good! And I normally don't care for apple cider.

Do you have a favorite K-cup that you'd recommend to friends? One that's not too high in calories?

Thank you :)

Replies

• shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hate to be a downer - but I really can't believe this whole 'individual portion' coffee thing took off in the first place - there is SO much packaging that is now being added to the garbage bin (landfills) every day now. Just what we need!
    Anyone else not like the system?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,953 Member
    Options
    My wife likes the convenience. A good marketing tool to sell coffee systems. Personally I use a cone filter and grind my beans, that will never chance regardless of the chrome,digital glam and designer colors they come up with. Consumerism on a high level..
  • _Tay_
    _Tay_ Posts: 95
    Options
    I usually make my coffee with the Kuerig. But I don't use K-cups for that. Instead just a filter, and coffee beans.

But I do love the specialty k-cups that are out there. I was hoping Simone tried another good flavor to share :)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I can`t drink the coffee from Kuerig , I taste the plastic from the kcups :( I have my senseo machine and love how I get the coffee with a nice foam on top :) Of course they can no longer sell the pods in stores so I have to purchase them online .
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have never considered a Keurig or whatever because the amount of non-recyclable packaging is an environmental dumpster fire. Horrible use of resources.

However, they now make reusable K-cups. (https://www.google.com/search?q=reusable+k+cups&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=#q=reusable+k+cups&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&tbm=shop) Those have me a little bit curious. I love my thermal carafe coffee maker, but if it ever dies, I may look into these.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    We have a Keurig and we love it. Sometimes we purchase the k-cups, but we also have the My K-cup so that we can use our own coffee. Personally, I'm in love with HEB's Cafe Ole Texas Pecan at the moment.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    although i do use reg. coffee in my K machine sometime, my favorite K-cup is Chai Latte and my 2nd fave is Cafe Vanilla. I also use chilled Cafe vanilla in my iced chocolate protein drink.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my K-cup brewer.. I enjoy Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee coffee. I just got it for Christmas.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee and rarely drink tea, so apple cider K-cup is great for me. It's good.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I use the ekobrew. It saves me a ton of $$, let's me put in any coffee that I like (I hate being limited), and keeps extra waste out of landfills!

My current fave is caramel macchiatto. Yum.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/ekobrew-canister-reusuable-coffee-filter-for-keurig-single-cup-brewers/1040400143?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_coffeetea_&gclid=CJuBzObp87sCFYQ7OgodiSwABw
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Much to the dismay of others above, I love my keurig and use it everyday at work in the afternoon. I have my favorites, for sure:

Kahlua is amazing if you like sweet coffee
    Green Mountain WIld Blueberry is my absolute fav (but it's seasonal)
    Green Mountain Southern Pecan, Caramel Vanilla Cream, Mocha Nut Fudge & Pumpkin Spice!
  • YallaEsma1
    YallaEsma1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cafe Escapes - Chai Latte... 60 calories of creamy spiced goodness :)
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I use the Starbucks 1971 blend most offen for regular coffee, but I love the dark chocolate hot cocoa too. I do have the my k-cup, and use different flavored coffees or loose teas with that. For me, the Keurig makes sense, since I live alone & it would be a waste to brew a pot of coffee if I am only going to drink a cup or two
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Kaluha. Or Mocha Nut Fudge
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Hate to be a downer - but I really can't believe this whole 'individual portion' coffee thing took off in the first place - there is SO much packaging that is now being added to the garbage bin (landfills) every day now. Just what we need!
    Anyone else not like the system?

I drink one cup of coffee a day, two at the most. Making a whole pot was more wasteful to me.

My favorite K-cup is Folgers Foglifter.
  • lisahale28
    lisahale28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The macadamia nut is pretty good too .
    My husband drinks the apple cider and loves it . Chai Latte is pretty good too .
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The Apple Cider is so good. Coffee wise I love the French Roast.
  • allancd
    allancd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yeah, it's called "my k-cup".. i use regular k-cups rarely as they are so much extra plastic, and very expensive.. I got the my k-cup with my keurig and use it all the time. I use President's Choice "Great Canadian" Coffee most of the time. Also "death wish coffee" sometimes...
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Kaluha. Or Mocha Nut Fudge

Mocha Nut Fudge....This is now a neccessity.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Much to the dismay of others above, I love my keurig and use it everyday at work in the afternoon. I have my favorites, for sure:

Kahlua is amazing if you like sweet coffee
    Green Mountain WIld Blueberry is my absolute fav (but it's seasonal)
    Green Mountain Southern Pecan, Caramel Vanilla Cream, Mocha Nut Fudge & Pumpkin Spice!

I've been wanting to try the Wild Blueberry, but am a little cautious about the blueberry flavor of coffee. Can you describe the flavor to me?