My personal daily NSV

Options
wilmaln
wilmaln Posts: 36 Member
I was clearing away some clutter on my home desk, and some papers, and decided to file the last blood tests I had had about a month ago... But just before putting them away I compared them to the ones I had had some 10 months before (I hadn't even remembered having those!). Practically, I was looking at blood tests taken after "the winter holidays" and before restarting MFP for the nth time (including following through the C25K plan), and tests taken after almost 9 months of "controlled" eating and regular running. I looked up my cholesterol: HDL had risen a fair amount, and LDL had actually dropped considerably! hat means I have a good amount of good cholesterol that cleans up my arteries, and my bad cholesterol has dropped!

FYI I love my extra-virgin olive oil, I love cheese, I have not refused the odd ice cream, and also chocolates have been there when needed....

I'm so proud of myself!

Replies

• jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen. Good enough that my Dr. agreed to take me off the low dose pills I was taking for cholesterol for the last three years. I will go back to be checked in six months so hopefully it will still be good. Mine is mostly diet as I am not able to do much exercise. Keep it up!!
  • wilmaln
    wilmaln Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done to you too Jeanywren! I am sure your next results will still be very good! And eventually you might be able to also get some exercise. Even just walking for 30 minutes can do miracles :-)
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Kudos ! One of the main reason we are in this journey is to improve our health. How great it is that you have achieved that goal AND have proof of it in writing to boot!
  • eaturnermdt
    eaturnermdt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Those are the kinds of things that are far more important in the long run than what the scale says.. Looking back at how I used to eat, I can't imagine doing that to my body again! That's one of the reasons I feel that I've officially made a lifestyle change rather than just trying to lose weight.

Again, so happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!