Cooked bacon in GRAMS

Options
Hi all,
I have a question about bacon.
When I put the calories in for 2 slices of raw bacon it comes out at about 90-100. But when I cook the bacon and weigh it it comes to 11g so i swapped the calories to a bacon which offered cooked by weight. This came out at 23 calories... surely this can't be right?
The 2 slices when cooked (after i've trimmed off ALL the fat) only come to 11 grams... what do you all think?

Replies

• Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have a question about bacon.
    When I put the calories in for 2 slices of raw bacon it comes out at about 90-100. But when I cook the bacon and weigh it it comes to 11g so i swapped the calories to a bacon which offered cooked by weight. This came out at 23 calories... surely this can't be right?
    The 2 slices when cooked (after i've trimmed off ALL the fat) only come to 11 grams... what do you all think?

Go by what it says on the packet. Make your own food on the diary if you need to.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'd go by raw weight - it's more accurate as the weight after cooking will depend on cooking time and method
  • StephConey
    Options
    I'm no pro, but that seems legit. If you were able to easily trim the fat, I'm guessing the bacon had low marbling. Having only eleven grams, think of this. You have about 4 kcal's for every gram of protein. There are 9 kcal's for each gram of fat. Four kcal's go to each carb (though with bacon, that is irrelevant). So given the make-up of your bacon, those numbers could be legit. I could be wrong, so seek more info. Now, I want bacon. :tongue:
  • harriethayes
    harriethayes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)