In Search of Accountability

Options
Hi! I'm Sarah, I'm 21, I lost 50lbs and gained 60lbs back after my "honeymoon phase" (not so sweet 6 months of eating during a very sweet first 6 months of marriage). I love weights, yoga, and cardio (especially Turbo). I've got about 70lbs until I reach my goal weight.... but as the title states, I'm looking for accountability partners! Gender, age, weight loss goals don't matter.... just want people to keep me on track! Help?

Replies

• melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for accountability too!! My diet is struggling; feel free to add!
  • Poohney1
    Poohney1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Similar story. I lost 54 lbs for a wedding i was in back in 2011. I gained 51 back and I am now in another wedding in June and I want to take that weight off and keep it off this time. I would love to have someone help me stay on track as well!!
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Consider joining this group, you can set your own goals and check in each week for accountability.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17922-fit-for-2014
  • heathercelina13
    Options
    Feel free to me! I need accountability all day every day!
  • Seros1992
    Seros1992 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks, so much, for all the new friends! I hope to find more and help keep you (and me) accountable!
  • Molly08
    Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I certainly could use a kick in the pants some days :O)
  • jenbob555
    jenbob555 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Same here! I always get a new workout video series or have lofty plans about how I'm going to work out all the time and eat healthy but it falls apart after 2 weeks. I'm determined to make it last this time but I know myself and know I'll need a kick in the butt after a week or so :)
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    Im looking for accountability too. Really needing that. feel free to add me anyone.
  • SteffieMin2013
    SteffieMin2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am restarting and aiming to lose about 25 pounds and build lean muscle. Have you thought of signing up for a 5k or a any kind of race. The first time I lost the 25 I was training for a 5k and it was always my motivation to get a workout in!
  • Seros1992
    Seros1992 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad that there are others that needed the accountability! I've sent you all friend requests <3
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • Stacy_Merrell
    Stacy_Merrell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well…I too have fallen off the wagon…last 3-6 months life has been seriously crazy (lame excuse I know), but amazing how quickly one can get out of shape and gain back weight. I too need someone to keep me focused. Please add me as well.
  • saltyphoenix
    saltyphoenix Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fel free to add me too! I'm just starting. About 100 lbs to lose!
  • godot77
    godot77 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm also looking for accountability. I want to lose an extra 50 that I gained with a tough pregnancy 2 years ago. I have been doing BeachBody workouts (on Slim in 6 right now) and I'm trying desperately to eat only 1200 while getting the proper balance of fat/carbs/protein, and of course VITAMINS. It's really hard to diet when I'm home. I'm not moving around enough. I ordered a fitbit which I'll have sometime soon I hope. I need a friend I can check in with daily. Esp around dinner, if possible, but if not that's ok. Just daily!

I've done this before, I lost 80 after my first pregnancy (or 100 if you count all of the pregnancy weight) (that was a REALLY rough pregnancy). I did that via weight watchers, circa 2002. WW has changed to be more difficult to use since then, in my experience, and I haven't had lots of luck with MFP either (gained every time I ate my workout calories burned off). But I do find that 1200 plus a workout does lose about .25 lb per day on average. That's pretty fast, but when combined with days I can't make it to 1200, I end up losing 1-2 lbs per week on it, trying my best. So that's my goal, to keep that up. For more than one week straight ;).

All the clothes in my closet are 3-4 sizes too small. Help!