I do not lose weight anymore! Help!?

Options
Hi,

I was 183 Ib and I started low calorie diet 3 weeks ago.
Simply, I exclude every junk food, fast-food, sweets, etc... from my daily diet and started too cook my own food and eat lots of salads and proteins and good carbs (rice).

in average, I consume about 1300 calorie per day and I do not feel hungry at all.
I loose 9 Ib in 3 weeks. However, for strange reason I stop loosing and in last three days I gained 1 Ib!
I do not change anything in my diet and it is same as three weeks ago.

What should I do?
Is this normal? any suggestion?
please help me.

Replies

• lollie_789uk
    lollie_789uk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 1,300 doesn't seem much to me- that's my initial thought
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    you're a dude. you should be eating more than that. you're probably messing with your metabolism
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. You'll see ups and downs.
    Weight fluctuates - a one lb gain in 3 days is just normal variability from water, unprocessed food or transitional fluid retention.
  • aydin131
    Options
    I am 5.75
    but, I really cannot eat more than 1300 on healthy diet.
    I don't know why !
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    of course you can. you just have to actually take some time to research what calorie dense/healthy foods there are that you would like. I have trouble getting enough calories so I tend to go for the ''good fats'' stuff like hummus or nuts to bulk up on those a bit. I also usually keep a few protein bars on hand so if I'm really low by the end of the day I can have one of those (the kind with minimal sugar...I would rather not pick up diabetes along the way)
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's been 3 weeks.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    using cocont oil, macadmia oil, avocados etc are all food you can use that will increase your calories (and add nutrients) without adding too much to your stomach if you really are feeling satisfied
  • abhin20
    Options
    consuming less calories will juts stop your weight from increasing.
    To loose more weight now,You ll have to work out..
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    of course you can. you just have to actually take some time to research what calorie dense/healthy foods there are that you would like. I have trouble getting enough calories so I tend to go for the ''good fats'' stuff like hummus or nuts to bulk up on those a bit. I also usually keep a few protein bars on hand so if I'm really low by the end of the day I can have one of those (the kind with minimal sugar...I would rather not pick up diabetes along the way)

Who knew you picked up diabetes from eating a protein bar.
    MFP saves the day again.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options

no, no, no, no, no there is very little chance that this guy has a TDEE of 1300 cals sedentary. All that is needed for weight loss is a calorie deficit, this guy explains it better then me http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

OP: give it time and see how you feel. 1300 is on the low side so be aware of the symptoms of under eating and see how it goes with maybe adding some of the more calorific food people mentioned. Also double check your counting, before I started weighing my food I logged 1100, but as soon as I started weighing everything It jumped to 1350. Good luck :-)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

Strong first post. :huh:
  • aydin131
    Options
    Thank you everybody
    I gain motivation...
    I will remain in this diet
    lets see what will happen in the next days
  • gmhaggie06
    Options
    trust me bro, keep eating 1300 calories and you'll lose weight (provided you're measuring correctly). Whether you'll lose weight healthily without a ton of adverse side effects is another thing altogether.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    keep us updated, please!:flowerforyou:
  • colin264
    colin264 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The things that helped me the most was truly tracking your food. Spend $10.00 and get a food scale. You may only think that your consuming 1300 cal but you will be surprised. I have one medication that I have to take in the AM. Single pill. 11 cal. Don't change anything but track track track .
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I will remain in this diet
    lets see what will happen in the next days

Next few days....... miracles are not going to happen.
    I lost 40 lbs over 12 months but I've been doing 12 months on maintenance too. I lost weight eating more than you are consuming at the moment and I'm female.
    Have you checked out your BMR and TDEE?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi,

I was 183 Ib and I started low calorie diet 3 weeks ago.
    Simply, I exclude every junk food, fast-food, sweets, etc... from my daily diet and started too cook my own food and eat lots of salads and proteins and good carbs (rice).

in average, I consume about 1300 calorie per day and I do not feel hungry at all.
    I loose 9 Ib in 3 weeks. However, for strange reason I stop loosing and in last three days I gained 1 Ib!
    I do not change anything in my diet and it is same as three weeks ago.

What should I do?
    Is this normal? any suggestion?
    please help me.

First you have to look at trends over a month, not three days. Second, eating 1300 calories for a dude will lead to a lot of muscle lost. So you will be skinny and flabby. Third, LCD over time and increase loss in muscle mass will lead to a slower metabolic rate.

Based on your stats, your goal should be closer to 1800 (if you are sedentary) and macro's around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. Additionally, do NOT worry about eating clean. YOu can still eat unhealthier foods if you need. Essentially, calories is more important than were it's coming from. If you exercise, you will need to add more calories. So if you exercise 3-4 hours, add another 200 per day, if it's 5-6 hours, then another 400-500 per day. As a reference point, I am 187 lbs, 5'11, 31 years old, desk job and exercise 5-6 hours a week and lose weight at 2400 calories day. I frequently eat Klondike bars, protein bars, chipotle, etc... There is NO food that is unhealthy for you. It's only bad when it creates a surplus of calories.
  • freedomlady
    freedomlady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You ARE loosing weight if you eat the 1300 calories a day. Sometimes due to water weight fluctuating you can have as much as a 6 pound shift in weight and actually not have lost tissue. So just keep doing what you are doing. I help people loose weight as a job and I have seen people stay at the same weight on a scale for 3 weeks and then BOOM, the water sheds and they drop 6 pounds overnight. So Just keep doing what you are doing. You ARE losing weight, I repeat you are LOSING. Just let your body do its thing. Keep with the 1300 calories and you are loosing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

sugar doesn't cause diabetes. Sugar is a carb, which it's processed as such. You are more likely going to get diabetes from being overweight or practically living off of carbs.