Heyo! I'm getting married!

Options
Hey guys!

My name is Sarah. This is not my first time on MFP, but I'm getting married in a little over 9 months and I want to do my best to try to eat healthy and lose as much as I can before the wedding!

I'm 22 years old and I've been struggling with my weight since I was 14. Granted, back then I was probably a skinny minnie and just didn't realize it because I had such crappy self-esteem. My REAL goal is to be healthy and learn to love myself. I would love to not bring any of these self-esteem issues into my marriage, which is why I need all the help I can get!

I'm looking for positive, supportive friends who can keep me accountable and give me a little boost whenever my motivation is lacking.

Thanks and God Bless!

Replies

• bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I've been married a year and it's the best thing I've ever decided to do.

Your goal to be healthy and learn to love yourself is awesome. That's so important. You've got this. Remember that each new minute is a chance to make a better choice for your health, don't get down on yourself.

Brittany
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    Hi & welcome back to MFP.
    Congrats on your wedding! I'm getting married this year too - 31st July so finally want to get this weight off once and for all.
    My goal weight still makes me overweight technically but i don't care, i want to be at a weight/shape that i can maintain.
    I log on here daily and try to be as supportive as possible.
    Feel free to send me a FR .
  • robindean2
    robindean2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @ Brittany, very nice comments !
    @ Sarah congratulations on your engagement ! Wonderful news !
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Very exciting times...and stressful and busy which can all lead to bad decisions. Best start is to make a meal plan of healthy options so you stick with it. Feel free to add me as a friend. Best of luck!
  • kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!! Feel free to add me--I am happily married and would love to have someone to keep me accountable also---try and stay sane during this period in your life--it is kind of like the holidays--u plan for months and it is over with in 20 mins of gift paper flying and squeals of delight!!!hahah Good luck and remember that it is ok to have some "me" time during all of the planning--in fact it is quite healthy to do so!!! Congradulations again!!!
  • terramhall
    Options
    Hey! Congrats i am getting married on 5-10-15 (silly i know) i joined this sight for a similar reason i have battled self esteem and body image issues since the age of 13 and i want to get my body and my head right going in to my marriage i have an amazing man who is supporting me but i would love to have people that use MFP to talk to and help threw this process!
  • I'm getting married in December this year and need to lose 3 stone :laugh: feel free to add...
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Congrats. When my wife and I got married almost 8 yrs ago, once we were engaged we ran together every morning, all summer and winter. We ran in 11 degrees in NYC and byt he time the weding came and the honeymoon in MAui we both felt great. Plus we really just had a great time being together every morning. We planned the whole wedding together and never argued. Very stress free. Just remember everyone says "oh it all has to be perfect", flowers music, food, whatver, if the one you love is on the Altar that day and you both say yes, well then it was perfect!
  • andreajaeger89
    Options
    Hey girl I am in the same boat as you! My wedding is a little less than 8 months away and I want to lose weight and tone! I am trying to commit to Zumba 3x a week and weight lifting 2-3x per week. Once it warms up outside I will try to become a "runner" Lol. Not a huge fan, but it seems to help people lose weight the quickest and easiest. I am also working on clean eating. This was my first full week back, so my eating hasn't been the cleanest or best caloriewise, but I figured its best to ease back into clean eating so I don't get frustrated and quit :happy: I could use support as well. I am trying to get FH on board with the clean eating, but he puts up a fight and its a lot easier when I come home late at night to eat the crap he cooks then to cook my own when I am starving. I'm going to try to do some more meal prep on Sundays to keep my butt in gear!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    Don't do it!!!!

haha Congrats :drinker:
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    OMG Congratulations. I LOVE weddings:)
    Good luck to everyone :)
  • Jkcogburn
    Options
    :smile: Congratulations! At the risk of sounding ancient, I have been happily married for 32 years. You are about to embark upon one of the most exciting, yet challenging times of your life. Don't let anyone tell you that it's not work to keep a marriage going because it is, but like all good things it's worth it. We have taken care of each other through health scares, career changes, and many other challenges that life brings, and managed to raise two happy, healthy, and productive citizens. I wouldn't change a thing and can't imagine not having a person to share a lifetime with, through the good and the bad...Best wishes to you on the marriage and on the road to fitting into the wedding dress!
  • andreajaeger89
    Options
    FYI, there is a MFP Group for 2014 brides you can join for support as well!
  • livingmylegacy
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes and friend invites, guys! I really appreciate all of your support!
  • D1609anni
    Options
    Hi
    Congratulations! I too am getting married this year (September - so around the same sort of time as you) and I'm 23 so were roughly the same age. I'm aiming to have some really lovely photos that I will be proud to show off in years to come.
    Wish you all the best for your weight loss plans - feel free to add me as a friend on here if you want a fellow 2014 bride and we can support eachother :-)
  • ivostevo
    ivostevo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I too will be getting married in 9 months, October 4th to be exact. Feel free to add me. Let's keep each other motivated to be healthy!