Do you have a favorite K-cup?

Options

Replies

• richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I love my Keurig!

I like the bold, strong ones. Emeril's Big Easy, Black Magic, Obsidian, Jet Fuel. Peete's have a good french roast too that I just found. My kids will drink the apple cider or hot chocolate. Plus, they can just stick the pod in and make it themselves - no need to ask Daddy for help!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I haven't used my Keurig in months. It started acting up and not brewing a full cup or a weak cup.

but bank when it was awseome, I really liked the Kona Blend and Texas Pecan.
    2 suggestions, as I had the same problem. First is to check the reservoir, in my case, build up actually blocked the opening, so not enough water was going from the reservoir to the machine. Taking the reservoir apart and flushing it out worked for me.

If that doesn't work, did you try descaling it? Dump vinegar in the reservoir, let it run into the machine and sit for a couple hours; then run it empty to get the vinegar out. Rinse with water.

I thought I was gonna have to replace mine, but it's worked perfectly ever since I took apart and flushed the reservoir.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I love my Keurig!

I like the bold, strong ones. Emeril's Big Easy, Black Magic, Obsidian, Jet Fuel. Peete's have a good french roast too that I just found. My kids will drink the apple cider or hot chocolate. Plus, they can just stick the pod in and make it themselves - no need to ask Daddy for help!
    Coffee People's Black Tiger is my favorite dark roast. I might be biased, though.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Butter Toffee. But my daily is Donut Shop, I use one a day. I did however get some ground coffee for Christmas and have been using the keurig filter with that in it for the past week. Another great way to use the keurig is for hot water for my green tea or hot cocoa.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    My favorite daily kcup is Donut Shop by Coffee People, it is a medium roast. I use International Delight Hershey's Chocolate and Caramel Coffee Creamer... My goto every morning.... And for those with machines only brewing half cups and whatnot, descaling should solve that issue but we had a Keurig that quit on us after 4 years (descaling did not work) and we took it back to Kohl's (where we originally purchased it) without the receipt or box (she pulled it up on our account history that we did indeed purchase it there) and told her the problem (not brewing full cups when selected) and she told us to go get one off the shelf and she exchanged it free of charge.... I also have more localized brands of coffee I like sometimes so I will use the MyCup and brew my own brands also....
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Cafe Escapes Cafe Vanilla! I love it.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I bought the reusable filter for $15 and just buy a huge bag of coffee and put in an air tight canister. No extra plastic waste, cost is cheaper and the coffee last longer, then the Kcups.

ETA: I buy Seattle's Best Level 5!!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I had a single cup maker and then my husband bought an Aeropress. Holy cow...it cheaper, its better and you can use ANY coffee. Best single cup maker ever!

Aerobie-Aeropress-Press.gif
  • taoistpunk
    taoistpunk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Dark Magic, but right now I'm sipping on a Pumpkin Spice Green Mtn I got on sale at Target. I paid with cash. It's not the best cup of coffee (I prefer a french press or my Bialetti on Sunday morning), but it's damn convenient.
  • fallenoaks50
    Options
    I prefer the K-cups with mesh packaging (ex. Wide Awake Coffee). They seem to brew a stronger cup of coffee than the plastic K-cups.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Dark Magic... didn't even have to think about it. Hands down the best
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Grove Street hazelnut cappuccino is my favorite.
  • fallenoaks50
    Options
    Two Keurigs up and died on me. I was stuck with k-kups. So dissapoint :mad:

I've had some trouble with Keurig machines as well. They seem to last 1.5 - 2 years before they die. I'm on my 3rd one.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My bf loves the apple cider. I def love Caramel Drizzle. :)
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sugar Bush Maple!!!! Too bad it is seasonal :sad:
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Gloria Jean's butter toffee, Cafe vanill, Cafe mocha-love the Kuerig, even took it on two family trips last summer. Always a FRESH cup of coffee.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My fave is the Folgers Vanilla Biscotti kcup. Yummy! And only 2ish cals.

I also have the reusable kcup to brew any kind of coffee.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised more people don't use a french press. I love mine. No electricity needed, no waste besides grounds, brews a great single cup.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    tree-huggers beware, I love my keurig and the k-cups.

Coconut Mocha
    (seasonal) French Toast
    (seasonal) Gingerbread
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My husband and I like Gloria Jean's Macadamia nut cookie. My husband is NOT a coffee drinker, this is the only coffee that he has found that he actually likes.