Motivated Mom Looking for Support!

Options
Good Morning! I am a young, full time working mother in Rhode Island looking for some support and to give support during my weight loss journey. I have said I was going to diet SO many times and have always failed...but this time I think its going to be different. I want to make a lifestyle change, and to make my life better. I am doing this for me, and no one else. I want to be confident and to feel better, have more energy to run around with my daughter and to be healthy to have more children. Please add me!

Replies

• LCsmom12
    LCsmom12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a very similar situation to you! I am a full-time, working mother of two in Mass. I've been up and down with my weight every since I had my first child 4 1/2 years ago. I'm so ready to get back in shape and make the lifestyle change for my eating as well. I started following the South Beach diet on Jan 1 and I'm just using it as a guide. I HATE saying I'm on a diet because I want it to be a permanent change. I haven't weighed myself since the 1st so I don't know if I've lost any pounds but I feel a lot better! I'm afraid to step on the scale because I feel good and if it doesn't show any weight loss, I'll get discouraged. Good Luck to you on your journey! It will be great to have a support system. :)
  • lilraincloud99
    Options
    Hi ladies. I know what you mean about the word "diet" the first part of that is "die" LOL I don't ever say I'm on a diet any more because my mind automatically thinks negatively. I just try and eat better and make healthier choices. And even though I've had weight loss surgery, I still do have a treat now and then. BUT, I just eat a tiny bit. If you tell yourself you can't have this food or that food, I think it makes your brain want it more. I tell myself if I'm craving something I can have it tomorrow.. then sometimes by that time I no longer want it. But, of course sometimes I still do so I go ahead and have it, just in moderation. I also try and make some of my favorites less fattening by substituting ingredients if possible. I've also found, the less sweets and fattening foods I have, the less I crave them. They actually start not sounding good the longer I'm not having them. Good luck. You can do it! Also, I think it's important NOT to beat yourself up if you eat something non-healthy. Just do better the next day. We are human and we will give in to unhealthy foods sometimes... it's OK :-)
  • kiminoo
    kiminoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. You can do it. (I'm a mother of 4)
  • VirginiaMeyer
    Options
    Hi all! My situation is very similar to yours. Please add me as a friend! I have two young boys and live in Nebraska!
  • reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If only Lea was here....
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    im not on a diet im on a live it.. its a lifestyle

join me

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • MamaDinger
    MamaDinger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Once you've made up your mind, there's no going back! Congrats on deciding :) I'm a mother of two, as well, and work full time. I don't always have *perfect* days, sometimes I go over my calories, and sometimes I skip the gym, but it's still been a lifestyle change and has been a blessing.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Two kids, ages 4 and 6 and that is Exactly how/why I started this journey a few years ago.
    YES to a new Lifestyle!
    I'd love to help other Mommies if you'd like.

Feel free to friend me. I'm in the frozen tundra of MI

Nancy
  • NJMomEsq
    Options
    Hi Ladies: This is my first post and I am happy to join you all. I am a 38 year old, mom of 2 kids, ages 8 and 6. I work part time (4 days a week). Between juggling family and career and having a desk job, I have really gotten out of shape.

I want to be healthier and stronger so I am on day 7 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I have started and quit this program before.:smile: But, this time I am really committed to seeing it through. I have a dry erase calendar with our family calendar in my kitchen and I laid out the level I want to complete each day. If I do it, my 6 year old daughter happily draws in a smiley face and a star. I am trying to avoid the sad face and the X mark. If I haven't worked out by her bedtime, she gives me grief. I know it's silly, but I am finding she is a great motivator.

Also, we are taking a vacation to Costa Rica in April, and I really want to be in good shape by then!

Let's do this, Moms!