Pairing with Salsa suggestions?

Options
I like Salsa - a lot. The problem is that the things that go with salsa, typically aren't the best choices. (i.e. corn chips). Any suggestions on things to eat with salsa?

Replies

• JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like it on baked potatoes.
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like it on carrot chips, baked potatoes, celery sticks, really any dipping vegetable can be dipped in salsa. Also cut up corn tortillas and crisp them in the oven.
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I put it on scrambled eggs, on an avocado half, on salad...
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with scrambled eggs. Really adds a lot of flavor for very few calories.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic mixed in eggs/egg whites or with eggs and meat and veggies as a scramble.
    Mix it with some ground beef for taco meat
    Carrot and celery sticks
    Plantain chips (although they're still calorie heavy, 160 for about an ounce, I think)
    Use it s salad dressing
    Chicken topper - also I've seen salsa chicken recipes for the crockpot before. Sparkrecipes.com has one I think.
    Baked potato/sweet potato topper
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I put it on scrambled eggs, on an avocado half, on salad...

^^^^ THIS!!!
  • mariellenlopez
    mariellenlopez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dehydrated zucchini and jicama chips... I like the crunch. Of course pita chips are great, dehydrate and voila, no oil!:flowerforyou:
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just made chicken last night with it to have for the weekend. I put chicken breasts, black beans, canned corn, salsa (small amounts of two varieites), cut up a whole green pepper and about 1/2 of chopped onion with some no-salt mexican seasoning. Let it cook overnight and it is good to go!!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs! Omelettes!

Also goes well with black beans.

Mix it in with cauliflower rice.

I use it as a salad dressing too.

Haven't tried this but just thought of it, mix with plain greek yogurt and use as a dip for veggies?
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    I agree...eggs are awesome with salsa, dipping veggies, on top of a baked potato...yum. I also like to mix it in with beans for a mock chili, in a tortilla with a little cheese is good, too. Mix it in brown rice for a mock Spanish rice.
  • coachpryor
    Options
    I agree on the eggs! omlettes with tonnes of salsa is delicious and great diet friendly food.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Mix it with cottage cheese.

Don't give me that look, just try it.

:flowerforyou:
  • droxeene
    droxeene Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mix it with cottage cheese.

Don't give me that look, just try it.

:flowerforyou:

I do this all the time-love it!
    (I also like cottage cheese w/Doritos, yum!)
  • shelltherunner
    shelltherunner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic mixed in eggs/egg whites or with eggs and meat and veggies as a scramble.
    Mix it with some ground beef for taco meat
    Carrot and celery sticks
    Plantain chips (although they're still calorie heavy, 160 for about an ounce, I think)
    Use it s salad dressing
    Chicken topper - also I've seen salsa chicken recipes for the crockpot before. Sparkrecipes.com has one I think.
    Baked potato/sweet potato topper

Sparkrecipes does have crockpot recipes using salsa. You can go to their site and search chicken and salsa (or salsa and any other ingredient). One of my favorites is:

1 pound of chicken breast
    1 can of black beans
    1 jar of salsa

Cook in crockpot (We cook it for about 10 hours due to work/commute time)

We serve it with tortillas, homemade guacamole, shredded cheese, and salad. It is also good with rice.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    yes, to the scrambled eggs and salsa. I also use it in place of salad dressing on salads. Great on top of grilled shrimp, chicken or fish. Or mix it with rice and beans. I put fresh salsa on loads of things.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I tried the salsa with cottage cheese today. Not bad!
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Salads
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Veggies
  • Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have it with my staple breakfast. Scrambled eggs, tomato and tuna.