Need some guidance for my new calorie intake

Options
Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody could help me calculate how many calories I should eat per day and also some help with macros? I am 5'10 , weigh 145lbs (started at 157lbs) and am looking to lose another 5-13lbs by May as I am going to be on a beach full of beautiful Californians ! Exercise-wise I have not been doing much these past few months and just reduced my calories to lose weight but its becoming miserable so I am going to start Brazilian Beach Body tonight and plan to do that until my holiday. I also walk to university and back (60 minutes 4x per week) and do yoga/gym for a few hours on a Saturday. Other than that I don't move so much ha. Any help would be great.

Replies

• Megan462
    Megan462 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    *Brazilian Butt Lift (getting obsessed about that beach)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    MFP will do that for you.

Just enter your goals and current stats and MFP will set everything.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The beaches here do not contain quite as many beautiful people as portrayed lol. Don't hype yourself up too much. You're already at a really great weight with very little body fat to lose. I think it would be best to start a strength training program instead of dieting (eat enough calories to maintain your current weight so you can gain some muscle tone).

Good luck.
  • Megan462
    Megan462 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I struggle to use MFP's calculations because I am pretty much sedentary and set it as that but I walk and do exercise now which I struggle to input everything (it seems much too high) 200+ calories for just walking ? And Brazilian butt lift is kind of strength training I believe combined with cardio and obviously the butt. And as to losing body fat I need to lose it from my back/stomach because my body likes to store it there and combine that with a flat bum and skinny limbs I look nothing like I want to.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I struggle to use MFP's calculations because I am pretty much sedentary and set it as that but I walk and do exercise now which I struggle to input everything (it seems much too high) 200+ calories for just walking ? And Brazilian butt lift is kind of strength training I believe combined with cardio and obviously the butt. And as to losing body fat I need to lose it from my back/stomach because my body likes to store it there and combine that with a flat bum and skinny limbs I look nothing like I want to.

I would suggest to almost completely cut out cardio. And yes I burn about 200 calories in 1 hour of walking, so that sounds correct. If you want to be sure you could look into getting a HRM with a chest strap, it's the most accurate way to estimate calorie burn.

If you want to increase your bum and limbs, you need to start strength training more seriously and gain muscle (don't worry it isn't going to make you bulky, just fill out the areas you want). There are a lot of groups on this website alone that have great info for starting out. Cutting calories is simply not going to give you the body you want, you just don't have enough fat to lose.

Yoga, pilates, and BBL are good places to start but you're going to have to start lifting heavy weights at a gym for the results you're looking for.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    use this site and then plug in the numbers to MFP..

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

I would suggest to almost completely cut out cardio. And yes I burn about 200 calories in 1 hour of walking, so that sounds correct. If you want to be sure you could look into getting a HRM with a chest strap, it's the most accurate way to estimate calorie burn.

If you want to increase your bum and limbs, you need to start strength training more seriously and gain muscle (don't worry it isn't going to make you bulky, just fill out the areas you want). There are a lot of groups on this website alone that have great info for starting out. Cutting calories is simply not going to give you the body you want, you just don't have enough fat to lose.

Yoga, pilates, and BBL are good places to start but you're going to have to start lifting heavy weights at a gym for the results you're looking for.

No. But definitely add resistance training.