Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    wasteful.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My fave is the Folgers Vanilla Biscotti kcup. Yummy! And only 2ish cals.

I also have the reusable kcup to brew any kind of coffee.

OMG yes those are delish! The smell makes everyone else envious too, hahaha! :tongue:
  • _Tay_
    _Tay_ Posts: 95
    Options
    I can't wait to take this list to the store! Thank you so much!

I will also have to research the calories for each... Hopefully they are on the low side. My apple cider was 80 calories.. Seemed high!
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't use keurig system to many reports of them breaking down, also I like latte & cappuccinos made with real milk not powered, also I like espressos, cremas, so I use a Tassimo system. My faves are Gevalia swiss hazelnut, Gelvalia Dark Italain roast, Gelavalia crema, Tim Hortons, Latte, Twinnings Chia Latte, and Carte Noire signature Exclusif taste just like your sitting at outside street café in Paris.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Millstones Foglifter or Hazelnut Cream and for Christmas I got Donut Shop Cinnamon Roll coffee ---- YUM
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Donut Shop Coconut Mocha & Folgers Vanilla Biscotti
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to take this list to the store! Thank you so much!

I will also have to research the calories for each... Hopefully they are on the low side. My apple cider was 80 calories.. Seemed high!

Most of the coffee ones are just 2 calories (regular coffee calories). If there is a nutrition label on the box that's your sign they are higher calories.

I'd say 90% of the coffee ones I have are the regular coffee calories (2) - but I do have a few that are 60-90 calorie range. I try not to buy the ones with more calories but sometimes buying online I don't realize I'm buying ones with more calories.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hate to be a downer - but I really can't believe this whole 'individual portion' coffee thing took off in the first place - there is SO much packaging that is now being added to the garbage bin (landfills) every day now. Just what we need!
    Anyone else not like the system?

I love mine..and you don't have to buy the cups with so much "Plastic". The ones I use now have very little plastic as the bottom is a coffee filter.

As well they can be recycled.....coffee in the compost, plastic in the bin...not that hard.

My favorite so far has been the donut house coffee..I am not one for many flavours tho...oh or my kcup with nice freshly ground coffee beans...
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options

As well they can be recycled.....coffee in the compost, plastic in the bin...not that hard.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/kcups-recyclable-79359.html

"The plastic outer shell of the K-cup isn't rated for recycling and therefore shouldn't be put with plastic recyclables."
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Cafe Escapes - Chai Latte... 60 calories of creamy spiced goodness :)

That!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    What's the sugar content in the apple cider?
  • _Tay_
    _Tay_ Posts: 95
    Options
    What's the sugar content in the apple cider?

17 grams of sugar :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/kcups-recyclable-79359.html

"The plastic outer shell of the K-cup isn't rated for recycling and therefore shouldn't be put with plastic recyclables."
    I hate undated articles. Many modern recycling plants have done away with the plastic rating system. If it's plastic, it can be recycled.
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    If you go to the Keurig website, they have many flavors in sample packs you can get for around $3 to try out. That way if you end up not liking a flavor, you don't end up with a whole box that you don't want.

I like the Green Mountain Caramel Vanilla Cream, Folgers Caramel Drizzle, Green Mountain French Vanilla, Van Houtte Butterscotch, Timothy's Cinnamon Pastry, Van Houtte Apple Caramel Pie Coffee and with the MyKCup we use Maple Bacon Coffee. Enjoy!
  • missyont
    Options
    Chai Tea Latte :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    San Francisco Bay espresso roast...
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love k-cups, I feel a little bad about the waste but my husband HATES the smell of coffee and this is our happy medium. I can make it when hes not home and then throw the empty k-cup in a ziploc and he never has to smell it and I have quit wasting money at Starbucks.

I like chai tea, apple cider, green mountain breakfast blend, donut shop coconut mocha and Gevalia
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Donut Shop Coconut Mocha & Folgers Vanilla Biscotti

Coconut Mocha is the BEST!
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Peet's House Blend. Yum!
  • gostate05
    gostate05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite Kcup is Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve (I like dark roasts, and it's way better than the Starbucks dark roasts). Dark Magic is also good.

I'm going to check out the reusable Kcups, I would love to use my own coffee!