GOOD BREAKFAST IDEAS?

Hi guys I'm Drexler call me Drex, Every morning I get up I always think whats a good breakfast and whats the bad.
do you guys have any ideas what should I eat? (Low Cals)

Thanks guys ! Feel free to and me I really need motivational support!

Replies

• sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Anything you like! Breakfast does not have to be breakfast foods. You could have leftovers from dinner. There are no limits!

Though personally my favourite breakfast is tomato and avocado on toast. Tasty, healthy, and keeps me full until lunch time.
  • Thank you Sami_83 I'll keep that in mind!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Why does it have to be low calorie? I find a decent breakfast, with plenty of protein and fat, keeps me feeling more satisfied throughout the day

I love eggs and have an omelette pretty much every day - 1-2 eggs, 3-4 whites, loads of vegies, sometimes chicken, herbs and spices...and homemade mayo :)
  • Why does it have to be low calorie? I find a decent breakfast, with plenty of protein and fat, keeps me feeling more satisfied throughout the day

I love eggs and have an omelette pretty much every day - 1-2 eggs, 3-4 whites, loads of vegies, sometimes chicken, herbs and spices...and homemade mayo :)

Thanks for the Idea! .wow Homemade mayo? How do you make that?
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    I like to start my day with an omellete made with egg beaters. I add some cheese and a protien. Its a very high protien but lower calorie start to my day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Why does it have to be low calorie? I find a decent breakfast, with plenty of protein and fat, keeps me feeling more satisfied throughout the day

Thanks for the Idea! .wow Homemade mayo? How do you make that?

Egg, vinegar, mustard, salt, spices in my food processor (with slow speed setting). Whiz to combine then slowly add oil with the processor running - I use a light tasting EVOO, or you can use light olive oil, macadamia oil, avo oil if you like it. You can do it a few ways - have a google or look on YouTube for videos :)
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    This breakfast is fairly hearty and carries me without feeling the need to snack later in the day.

391 calorie breakfast

Mandarin Orange 37 cal
    Cappuccino (Espresso, 3 oz of 2% milk) 59 cal
    2 eggs 140 cal
    Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter,( 0.25) tbsp 25 cal (to fry eggs)
    Hash Brown Potatoes (3 oz) - 70 cal
    Oil - Peanut, 0.5 tablespoon 60 cal (to cook hash browns)
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    I make a big veggie + egg white scramble early in the week, and eat a portion of it each morning. it's great because it's already waiting in the fridge - I don't usually have time to cook in the AM! I usually eat a whole-wheat english muffin with it, topped with whatever I'm craving - lately that's been a smear of goat cheese & fig jam! I also love almond butter & jam. my whole breakfast is 300-400 calories (weigh everything on a food scale)
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    The other day, I made a 2 egg-white omelette with steamed broccoli, shredded chicken and provolone. Little garlic salt and black pepper, super tasty.

136 calories with 24g protein. Really filling, add an English muffin with almond/peanut/apple butter to top it off and it's awesome.

Bonus pic:

ZHBjaYZ.jpg
  • I like to make muffin-size crust less quiche for the week. I usually add some sautéed mushrooms and spinach and a pinch of cheese. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes. 2 are 140 calories.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    I like to make muffin-size crust less quiche for the week. I usually add some sautéed mushrooms and spinach and a pinch of cheese. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes. 2 are 140 calories.

Damn that sounds good
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Hi guys I'm Drexler call me Drex, Every morning I get up I always think whats a good breakfast and whats the bad.
    do you guys have any ideas what should I eat? (Low Cals)

Thanks guys ! Feel free to and me I really need motivational support!

Hey Drex! I'm going to add you as a friend if ya don't mind. I always need more motivational supporters. My answer to your question is I myself almost always turn to oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, protein bars, Belvita biscuits, all those not all at once though. LOL. But I also agree with the person who said it doesn't matter what you have to eat for breakfast. I absolutely agree with that. I've ate a Lean Gourmet meal at breakfast before and I felt fine and energized till lunch. Good luck!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    2 over-easy eggs on brown rice w/salsa, or
    2 over-easy eggs on seeded whole grain toast, or
    2 corn tortilla spread with guacamole, and stuffed with 1 egg/1.5 cup egg white scramble, topped with salsa, or
    1 cup of prepared oatmeal with banana, chopped walnuts, flax seed and cinnamon (usually have a side of scrambled egg with added egg whites to amp up the protein on this one)

With each breakfast I have a cup of hot black tea and fruit (right now clementines are in season). Actually, I don't have fruit with the oatmeal one, since banana already in the oatmeal. :)

Each one of these breakfasts ranges between 400-550 cals. I like to eat most of my daily calories at breakfast and lunch.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Feel free to check out my diary for ideas.

Today, I'm about to scramble 1 egg + 1 egg white in cooking spray and make 1 piece of whole wheat toast, spread with avocado. :) I also like veggies such as bell peppers and baby spinach in my eggs, often including many whites but at least one yolk.

I also eat a lot of oatmeal, and lately quinoa, made with unsweetened almond milk. I stir in some nut butter and skip the sugar. I add sliced strawberries or a sliced banana. Sometimes I'll also add some dried fruit, seeds, and/or nuts.

I also bake a lot of muffins. I choose pretty healthy recipes like this one: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/apple-muffins-recipe/index.html. I usually reduce sugar (this time I only added 2 tablespoons in the muffins and 1/2 tablespoon on top), but usually you have to reduce the wet mixture so they're not too moist!

Last night I made this granola: http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/honey-granola.aspx. It's delicious with almond milk.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    I really love big fried breakfasts; my favorite lower-cal version is a toasted whole-wheat English muffin (light or regular, your call; with butter or without, your call again), two eggs over-easy (fried with Pam), and a couple thin slices of broiled ham. Really, really good and it comes in at 250-350kcals depending on your choice of muffin and whether you use butter.

Other than that, you know, the usual. Scrambled egg, salsa, spinach, tortilla or wrap. Peanut butter toast. Fruit and cottage cheese. Blah, blah, blah.