Looking for Pals!

Options
Hey, friends,

My name is Molly and I'm looking for some friends on this site.

I'd really like some friends around my age (23) who are in the same boat as me. I'm trying to lose 20 to 25 pounds and then maintain. I've lost 50 pounds with this site, but failed to maintain on my own, thus gaining 15-20 of it back. So, here I am again, looking to shed the weight I've gained this year and hopefully a little more to be at the goal I never really reached.

I'm a commuter college student working part-time. It's difficult to find time to exercise, but I've found that with little exercise and decent eating (counting calories, of course, not necessarily eating healthy) is my successful equation. Sure, it's slow-going, but that's what works for me.

Of course, I'll be happy to be friends with ANYONE looking for inspiration that will inspire back.

Thanks!

Replies

• marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi

You are very welcome to add me.

I'm 25 and am an IT tech for a uni.

I'm on here everyday and try to always support as best as I can.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm older than you (32) but I have lost 70lbs with this site. I left for a bit, gained 10lbs and realized I needed MFP in my life. Now I have 9.5lbs to lose. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • britXbijou
    Options
    hey im 24, looking to lose around 50 lbs, i'm 5'7 i have an office job and live in new york state, just looking for friends to keep me going
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i created a group for motivation feel free to join.. sounds like you all know what to do just need motivation to keep doing it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • beautifulle87
    Options
    Hi Guys,

My name is Erica and I am trying to lose about 20-30lbs. Currently I am about 161. I am hoping to lose this weight by April 1st. Hoping you guys can keep me motivated during this process.

I have cut my calories down to 1200 per days and I am working about 4-5 times a week.

Can anyone share what has worked for them?

Thanks!
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    23 years old living in Cali. I've got about 40-50 lbs to drop!

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    nutrarian eating..

look up eat to live. it saved my life literally. i had uc its now in remission.. i also went in march from 220 pounds to 165 today

my starting weight was 370.. im 30 pounds from goal.

feel free to join my group.. we all need motivation.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • reeny34
    reeny34 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Shareen.

I am older than you (34) and have 55lbs to lose. I am currently doing the 5:2 diet where I eat normally for 5 days and fast for 2 (limiting my calorie intake to 500). I have just started the Kettleworx programme (last Tuesday), try and go to the gym 2-3 times a week and have lost 5.5lbs so far.

I am on this site in order to look for inspiration from people who are in the same boat as me.

Feel free to add me if you would like to
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My name is Molly, too :smile:

I'm 25, and prepping for my wedding :happy:
  • kpace9009
    Options
    I am 23 as well. My goal weight loss is 56, and as of today I have lost 16 of it! I try and look for people around my age too.
  • katy423
    Options
    Hi my name is Katiria,

I am 25 and looking to lose about 20-30 pounds. you can add me . :)
  • maril101
    maril101 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know the struggle very well. I'm not in your age group, but my experience is that it doesn't matter. When we really make the commitment to cause the changes that will help us to become empowered and make meaningful alterations to achieve that goal, it doesn't matter if you are 20 or 80. So much more is possible when we make those small steps in a direction that improves our lives. I'm thankful and delighted to offer any support I can to anyone on this journey with me.
  • PowellRoss1
    PowellRoss1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a 49 year old, empty nester, looking for a walking/exercise buddy in Fredericksburg, VA. I want to lose 25 pounds by my 50th birthday. I would like someone to go to the gym with or just walk at the mall.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Tatajana I'm not in the same exact boat I just started my weight loss journey but I am a college student. I turned 22 in December and decided it was time with graduation in May. Hope you have a healthy, happy day!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm about twice your age but working out, eating right and being busy still the same. Full time job, second job, two kids.
    Also from MI
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Feel freet o add me if I'm not too old
  • GabSer5
    Options
    We are in the same boat! Last year I lost 44 pounds, gained 15, and now I'm looking to get back lost those 15, plus maybe more. :) Feel free to add me.
  • missiG11
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)