Have you ever had "I'll eat what I want day"..every so often

Options
On most days (give or take a few days) you ever have something good laying around the house and you have to whip it up and eat it..even if it was high in calories? Not too high, but it contained calories equal to a few slices of pizza lol today i am kinda having one of those days..I'm sick, ill eat what i want dammit and drink all the OJ i want!! lol sorry.

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    As the days. months and years passed that feeling became less and less and now non-existant...it hurt too much to screw up a bunch of progress for one day of gluttony, not to mention the stomach isn't too kind on that type of behavior any more! LOL
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, where my stomach would react a certain way.
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As the days. months and years passed that feeling became less and less and now non-existant...it hurt too much to screw up a bunch of progress for one day of gluttony, not to mention the stomach isn't too kind on that type of behavior any more! LOL

If I had a body like yours I would never have those days......:grumble:

But alas......I have my body so I do have those days. :drinker:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Well my husband insists that you should eat exactly what you want 1 day a week so that you don't fall off the wagon forever. Works for him-he's lost 50 lbs. I'm not there yet. I would freak out if I ate badly for a day.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    KDiamond, I agree with you. I had a hamburger and fries (not from a fast food place -- they were local fresh ingredients) for the first time in months. They tasted great, but afterward my stomach felt heavy and upset. That is the feeling that I now remember more than the taste. I had a light salad for dinner and didn't go over my calories for the day and that is what felt great during and after.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I always allowed myself one day in the week (weigh in day) to treat myself to a little break, but that doesn't mean I go over board and eat everything in sight LOL

I used to rummage through ice cream and lots of other stuff on those days but the more weight I lost, the less my stomache could handle doing that. For example yesterday was my treat day, I usually could go through an entire pot of Ben and Jerry's large ice cream, I bought one yesterday and couldn't finish it, I just couldn't do it :P

Giving yourself one day as a treat keeps me sane lol and it hasn't affected my weight loss :)
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've designated Saturdays as my "eat what I want days". I work 8-4 on Satuday & I eat healthy during the day, but I give myself a free night-Sundays I don't work so I'm able to go out Saturday nights so I limit my alcohol intake to Saturday nights & special occasions. It helps to have those few hours a week where I don't have to examine the nutrition label before I eat something (I still try to log what I do ea/drinkt tho). If I feel I MUST have a drink any other time I limit myself to 1 or 2.

Also, even after going over my calories majorly last night (I kept it the same # of calories as my body burns just staying alive-BMR) I still lost several pounds overnight haha. Sometimes your body needs that SHOCK of crappy food to kickstart your metabolism (cuz your body says, what is this and how do I get rid of it NOW?!")
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    When you are sick, your first responsibility to yourself is to get better. Eat what sounds good, within reason.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    On most days (give or take a few days) you ever have something good laying around the house and you have to whip it up and eat it..even if it was high in calories? Not too high, but it contained calories equal to a few slices of pizza lol today i am kinda having one of those days..I'm sick, ill eat what i want dammit and drink all the OJ i want!! lol sorry.

If you are sick, get yourself healthy. That does not mean to order a pizza with everything and down a 6 pack... but I am certain no one ever got fat drinking OJ!

Feel Better!
  • holymolar
    Options
    Although this is all still very new to me, I don't plan on denying myself something if I really want it. If I really want something, I'll just eat less of it. Eat a small cheeseburger instead of a Big Mac, eat half the donut instead of the whole, eat 5-10 chips, instead of 1/2 a bag.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Although this is all still very new to me, I don't plan on denying myself something if I really want it. If I really want something, I'll just eat less of it. Eat a small cheeseburger instead of a Big Mac, eat half the donut instead of the whole, eat 5-10 chips, instead of 1/2 a bag.
    Do you think you could eat half a donut? I know there is a no chance I would have the willpower to do that.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i actually had pizza for lunch and 1/2 cup of oj with breakfast. i think i will bake some cookies this afternoon. yeah, i have those days and i'm not even sick. :) feel better.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

I'm there today! I lived in Holland for 5 years. Just moved into GR 8 months ago.

I figure if you only do it once in a while it does not hurt so bad. My gotta have days are getting further apart. When I don't feel well certain things sound really good. I just do portion control on those days.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I give myself one free day a month where I don't really bother worrying about it. I'm smarter now anyhow so even if I eat something really bad for me I eat a smaller portion intuitively now compared to what I would have eaten before and I also exercise 6 days a week so I figure it's worth it. I only splurge on something I REALLY love too.
  • holymolar
    Options
    Oh yeah, I could eat 1/2 a donut IF I cut it in half BEFORE eating it. lol
  • karot32
    Options
    Once in awhile i have one of those days just to keep my sanity lol... But my body is getting so used to eating healthy foods that when I eat too much junk I feel SO sick!!! So I'm learning to just have a tiny treat while still eating mostly healthy :smile:
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    someday's I think I'm just going to eat what I want all day today and not worry about it, but I just can't do it. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy things that are not healthy and high in calories but I just can't do it allllll day. I guess it's a good thing.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I don't do a whole day but I definitely will do a meal or snack. Last night I made homemade calzones. Super yummy but 688 calories! Then I made homemade banana nut muffins. Still came in way under my calories for the day (thanks to my 5 mile run/walk) so no harm but I wouldn't have cared anyway.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'll confess that I do not eat enough during the week, which is unhealthy, I know. But on the weekends, I tend to allow myself more calories, usually my "maintenance" amount or a couple hundred above, but certainly nothing like my box of Honey Combs and 3/4 of a bag of pepperoni Pizza Rolls binges of the past.

It's working for me so far, but that's just me. Basically, I know I will more than make up for those extra calories from the weekend in the upcoming week.. I don't really just eat whatever I want on the weekends, but I may treat myself. The weekends up my metabolism, but that's just how I am personally affected.