INSANlTY WORKOUT

Options
Hi everyone.. I haven't been on here for so long :) so last summer I lost 43lbs on Ideal Protein and then just in the month of December I gained back 13lbs :( so now I have a total another 20-25lbs to lose and I want to do it with a workout plan.

Has anyone here done the Insanity Workout Program? I really want to try it but a bit scared of it LOL

Replies

• coachpryor
    Options
    How is your fitness back gournd. people jump into insanity and just like the 60 day results, but is is not an easy program by any means.
    month one is 45 min workouts that are very intense for a beginners, but you can modify. month two though gets abut well insane lol. 90 minute workouts.

If your just starting out again, I recommend shaun Ts T25 instead. Its insanity esc but only 25 minutes and much easier for someone to stick too. and I find its a bit more fun and dance like for people.
  • azwarner
    azwarner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did the Insanity fit test this morning and am going to try to do the 60 day challenge. I know it's going to be hard but I really want to try to accomplish it. Feel free to do it with me!!
  • scouture23
    scouture23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started the insanity program last August, and completed it. I lost 37 lbs. It is extremely hard, and very high impact. I actually tore a ligament in my knee while doing it. I am overweight, but I was still able to modify certain moves and get through the work out. If you put the time in, you will see results!
    I actually just started the program again today!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Echoing others here, yes, it is hard and high impact.
    On the other hand, you have the option to not go as fast as Shaun T, to modify, and to take breaks.

Take advantage of this..........believe me, in those first 2-4 weeks, you'll need every one of these options.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am due for my second fit test in the insanity program today. It is a very intense work out, but if you take it slow, go at your own pace, ignore the keep speeding up parts and rest as often for however long you need to you will slowly begin to increase your stamina. The first workout video I did I could only make it 1/3 of the way through before I was dying. Now I just did a 15 min ab followed by the 45 min pure cardio-though I only got about 25 minutes into the second one before my blood sugar got too low for me to continue.

I really enjoy the program, but if you are not used to working out it is very hard to get going and not want to keep up!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Insanity is very tough but you get rewarding results if you stick with it! I did Insanity and I also did a month of T25. Both are similar, but T25 is shorter (25min) and slightly less intense, but by no means easy! I was still working up quite a sweat with T25! If you don't want to jump right into very high impact and very high intensity just yet, I would definitely recommend starting off with T25 and then transitioning to Insanity when you're ready :) but like a previous poster said, you can always modify, go at your own pace, and take breaks when you need them!
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity on Monday. So far, I absolutely LOVE it but I'm sure my attitude will change in a week or so. lol

I do what I can and push myself but not the point of harming myself....and I certainly do NOT try and keep up with people in the DVD. I listen to my body and it when it tells me to chill for a water break...I do it.
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Insanity program and am on my 3rd round. Yes it's hard, yes you will be sore for the first few days, but if you stick with it and eat right the results will speak for themselves. The workouts are not as long as a previous poster said. Month 1 workouts are roughly 40 minutes each, month 2 workouts are around 55 minutes. At the beginning of the program it's important for you to go at your own pace, don't try to keep up with the people in the videos. As you go thru the program you will get better and eventually be able to go faster and harder. Go as hard as you can, but listen to you body and don't overdo it. Oh, and did I say eat right?! Would suck to do all that work and not get result due to poor eating.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Insanity is very tough but you get rewarding results if you stick with it! I did Insanity and I also did a month of T25. Both are similar, but T25 is shorter (25min) and slightly less intense, but by no means easy! I was still working up quite a sweat with T25! If you don't want to jump right into very high impact and very high intensity just yet, I would definitely recommend starting off with T25 and then transitioning to Insanity when you're ready :) but like a previous poster said, you can always modify, go at your own pace, and take breaks when you need them!

I'm in with this...I did Insanity first and it was a GREAT workout, but T25 is more of a long term "sticking with it" thing in my opinion. Insanity doesn't require any other equipment which is nice, but you can buy T25 with the bands or you only need 1-2 sets of dumbbells once you get into Beta, so it's really not like you need a ton. With any program, beware that the scale does NOT tell the entire story....there are a lot of threads on this, but I highly recommend for your "sanity" :laugh: you take pictures and measurements more than rely on the scale. I have before and after pics in my profile of 63 days and it was only 6-7 lbs, but equated to dropping a size and almost two!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing T25 with the intention of doing Insanity afterwards… I felt like I needed to do something first to get my body into better shape so that I can do Insanity with less risk of injury and will be more likely to stick to it. I love T25 so far and highly recommend it!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    How is your fitness back gournd. people jump into insanity and just like the 60 day results, but is is not an easy program by any means.
    month one is 45 min workouts that are very intense for a beginners, but you can modify. month two though gets abut well insane lol. 90 minute workouts.

If your just starting out again, I recommend shaun Ts T25 instead. Its insanity esc but only 25 minutes and much easier for someone to stick too. and I find its a bit more fun and dance like for people.

the longest workout in month 2 is 58 min. even if you did the ab dvd right after (which is never on the scheduel (ab routine always paired with the shortest workout)) its still under 90 min
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    idk, my experince with a Shawn T workout is that its as hard as your willing to make it. I could imagine the T25 workouts being super hard if you really went for it and never took a break.

but just being shorter is good. but the actual insanity work out in the first month is only like 15 min, with about 8-10 min of stretching and a ten min warm up.

but the warm up is the real work out
  • aquiva33
    aquiva33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you have 0 preexisting injuries I say have at it. I love insanity, but in does a number on you if you have previous injury. What the warning say as the video comes on is true.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The key to insanity is to work out as hard as YOU can for short intervals during the workouts, and keep a consistent schedule. I stress YOU because everyone will be different. One thing I liked about the program is that you see real people working out on the DVD. They are strong, they are fit, but they still have to take breaks. Also, I did a modified version of the schedule where I interlaced Insanity 4 days a week with other workouts - this worked well for me so find what works for you. Good luck!