P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Today I brought my gym clothes to work and went to the base gym. I literally stood on a treadmill for 5 seconds and it felt like I was in a muggy room. Five miles in this? Nope. I went upstairs to the indoor track, which overlooks the treadmills so technically it is in the same room, however I actually move through the air and have a slight feeling of circulation. Plus, there were other runners there I could pass or watch. It takes 35 laps to equal 2 miles, so I ran a total of 88 to get up to 5 miles. I tried using RunKeeper, but the structure of the building degraded my phone's reception and RunKeeper looked like it had a seizure trying to track where I was. FitBit almost nailed it while I used a small click counter to track how many times I ran around the track.

Three weeks almost complete. I have not had a diet cheat day yet. Macronutrients are right around 40c/30p/30f, and I have had only one soda. Couldn't do it without this website and group of folks offering support and advice. Thanks.

Tomorrow is CVX...BRING IT!

Mike

PS. On a side note, this is the day after the Challenge and I think I have PMS....my boobs are sore!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    P90X3: The Warrior is done and boy oh boy is all I can say.
  • dalekhunter
    dalekhunter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did day one of P90X3. And also day 5 of Brazil Butt Lift, well, I just did the High and Tight, not the Cardio Axe. I don't like the dancing. But I'm trying to figure out a good hybrid of the two. I was really excited for P90X3 the past few months and couldn't wait to get it, but then I started BBL while I was waiting. I don't want to quit that now that I've started, but I don't feel like it's enough of a burn.
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Started Yesterday!
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    CVX today- love it!! I love getting the high calorie burn from the cardio and the weights at the same time. The Warrior tomorrow and then a much-needed rest with Dynamix on Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My discs arrived today! I'm unsure what to do about starting the calendar. I'm having surgery on the 22nd, and won't be able to workout for 4-5 days after.

Do I start this coming Monday, stop halfway through week 2 for surgery, and pick it up again when I'm cleared to exercise? Or do I just hang on and start when I can go straight through?
  • rhino45
    rhino45 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I started a group called p90x3 non-challenge group if you guys and gals are interested. I just couldnt seem to find a group that wasnt run by coaches and figured why not just start a group. this stuff is new to me so I did what i could lol. anyway join up if ya like it there if you want to.
  • tinakowalik
    tinakowalik Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, CVX, I chose the lean program! Love it! Did it with ab ripper!!
  • tinakowalik
    Options
    I asked before seeing this thread, but what would you concise the isometric workout as to log it in? I don't use a monitor so I just use what's in MFP exercise log. For a close calorie burn count.
  • tinakowalik
    Options
    Consider*
  • Butrovich
    Options
    My discs arrived today! I'm unsure what to do about starting the calendar. I'm having surgery on the 22nd, and won't be able to workout for 4-5 days after.

Do I start this coming Monday, stop halfway through week 2 for surgery, and pick it up again when I'm cleared to exercise? Or do I just hang on and start when I can go straight through?

You can attempt a few videos ahead of time simply to become acclimated and understand the moves, but I would not begin in earnest until after the surgery.

Mike
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i'm kinda lurking on here for now.... I am thinking of getting x3 but still am unsure. I have no where to place a pull up bar, so i am worried i won't get the benefits without it? i heard i can do decline push ups in replace, but?????
    I did t25 the same time tammy did and i loved it and i was thinking of getting gamma instead... so confused which one to get?
    can someone explain to me the different programs? i am a bit confused. i hear about lean, classic, etc.... what is eat, how different are they from each and how do you decide which to start with?
  • Butrovich
    Options
    i'm kinda lurking on here for now.... I am thinking of getting x3 but still am unsure. I have no where to place a pull up bar, so i am worried i won't get the benefits without it? i heard i can do decline push ups in replace, but?????

Decline pushups are still a push in motion, and then work the upper pecs.. do you have any place where you can hang resistance bands to pull down and simulate pull up emotions?

I have been doing p90X3 for 3 weeks now and there is not a DVD or workout I have not enjoyed yet. I hope this helps you make your.

Mike
  • Butrovich
    Options
    I had already decided to postpone yesterday's CVX until tomorrow and combine it with the Warrior. This way my legs would be fresh for this morning's 10-mile run. Headed out the door at 7:45am, 37'F and a 20mph headwind for the first three miles, which sucked. The only good news was I knew I would have a good tailwind later in the run. Unlike my last 10-mile run, which did not go very well, this time I took my fuel belt with something to drink along the way. First time running with coconut water, which tasted heavenly after the 5-mile mark.

Finished the run much stronger than the last time, so I am pleased with that. Less than a month away from the Rock n Roll New Orleans half marathon!

Mike
  • lin7604
    Options

Decline pushups are still a push in motion, and then work the upper pecs.. do you have any place where you can hang resistance bands to pull down and simulate pull up emotions?

I have been doing p90X3 for 3 weeks now and there is not a DVD or workout I have not enjoyed yet. I hope this helps you make your.

Mike

no i don't really, that is why i was wondering... if anything i will have to leave the room and go into my front door area and hook it up there....
  • Butrovich
    Options
    There is a stand-alone pullup bar you can buy at Walmart or sporting goods store. Not sure if you have room for a pullup stand in a room, but it is another option.
  • lin7604
    Options
    well i guess if i had to i woudl have to store it in another place and bring it out daily, as i workout in my living room and it's not big... it definitely can't stay there.. i will have to figure out something.... or maybe just do gamma?
  • Butrovich
    Options
    I think there are bands that attach to door frames you might be able to simulate pull ups. Simply another suggestion.

Mike
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Buy the pull-up bar that attaches to your door frame. It can be stowed in your closet when you're not using it.

I can't comment on the gamma program (I'm in my second week of alpha still) but I LOVE P90X3 so far. I would definitely recommend it!
  • asfrady88
    Options
    My husband and I are starting p90x3 on Monday! Does any one have any dinner recipes they wouldn't mind sharing?