Lost 19 lbs in a months and a half!

Options
I am 5'7 and started at 178 and am now 159! I had my son a year and a half ago and finally decided to do something about it! My goal weight is 140. I am so proud of myself!
By the way I am wearing a bathing suit in both pics!

286scyb.jpg

Replies

• Zazoufit2014
    Zazoufit2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !! keep up the good work :)
  • chickie2465
    chickie2465 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice job! You'll be at your goal weight in no time!

What changes did you make to your prior way of life? Just wondering what the main things are that helped you achieve this.
  • MommylovesBrynley
    Options
    Thanks girls:)
    I try to walk 45 mins at least 4-5 times a week, drink lots of water, stay under 1200 calories, drink green tea, etc.
    I was over eating badly.
  • Diva1471
    Diva1471 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing,well done
  • MommylovesBrynley
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is some hard work and determination right there! Great job!
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Nice work! WTG
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Congrats...BUT, why are you eating under 1200 calories?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I try to walk 45 mins at least 4-5 times a week, drink lots of water, stay under 1200 calories, drink green tea, etc.
    I was over eating badly.

Congrats..that's a lot of weight in a short amount of time....not sure staying under 1200 is a good idea tho minimum suggested for women is 1200....

ETA: not to diminish your success at all just concerned about how it was done.

edited for typos
  • steffer20
    steffer20 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look good!
  • dalii24
    dalii24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did you only walk or also do some other work outs? You look fantastic
  • __freckles__
    Options
    I was over eating badly.

Congrats..that's a lot of weight in a short amount of time....not sure staying under 1200 is a good idea tho minimum suggested for women is 1200....

edited for typos

I concur. You don't want to lose any LBM, and eating that low will ensure that you'll be losing muscle. You want to avoid being skinny fat when you reach your goal, so the slow and steady approach of 1 lb a week is probably a better goal for you. Just my advice. Obviously you can keep doing what you're doing.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I was over eating badly.

edited for typos

I concur. You don't want to lose any LBM, and eating that low will ensure that you'll be losing muscle. You want to avoid being skinny fat when you reach your goal, so the slow and steady approach of 1 lb a week is probably a better goal for you. Just my advice. Obviously you can keep doing what you're doing.

Thirded.

OP - According to this calculator (http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/), your BMR is ~1500. It would probably be a more realistic intake in the long run to eat at least that.
  • Meli6333
    Options
    Awesome Job! Keep up the good work.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I know people get upset when this comes up in Success Stories, but you have to understand the responsibility that comes with posting in this specific forum.

You become a role model. You become an implicit advocate of whatever you did to get where you are, because you chose to share it.

In the Guidelines on this forum, advocating any form of undereating is against policy. Saying you tried to stay under 1200 calories is dangerous. You're a 21 year, borderline-tall woman who is active. 1200 is not the number for "you." It works because you crash-dieted. Crash-dieting works in the short-term for nearly everyone.

But it's not healthy. And it's why MFP issues a warning *every* time you complete a diary under 1200.

You shed LBM you probably don't realize you'll want until you get closer to your goal weight and still aren't "happy." You're not learning healthy habits, because you won't remain at 1200 forever, right? You wouldn't want to get trapped in the, "I have to eat 800 calories for the rest of my life; I gain anytime I go up!" cycle that happens to many people who attempt to lose lots of weight very quickly, and in turn lose lots of muscle which would have helped them keep the figure they wanted, and the metabolism they thought they couldn't have.

I'm glad you decided to do something about your health, but undereating is not the way to do it.

Would you want your son, at a reasonably healthy weight, to lose nearly 20 pounds in less than two months from undereating?

If your answer is, "No," why would you do it to yourself?
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Good job you look awesome!
  • MommylovesBrynley
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This site said to stay under 1200 pounds by the info I put in. I still eat plenty. This morning I ate a banana and a toaster strudel. I just try to stay under that amount of calories:)
    And no additional exercises.
  • MommylovesBrynley
    Options
    Plus i'm about to make me a hot pocket lol. I promise, no starving myself here! I never under eat. I eat 4 meals a day.
    No reason to jump to conclusions.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Nice progress! Good luck with your goals!
  • __freckles__
    Options
    Plus i'm about to make me a hot pocket lol. I promise, no starving myself here! I never under eat. I eat 4 meals a day.
    No reason to jump to conclusions.

Ok, apparently our advice didn't stick the first time around. So here's the non-sugar-coated version: if you keep eating under 1200 calories you will end up skinny fat. If that's your goal, then go for it. If not, refer to the advice above.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!