BIGGEST LOSER GREEN VS. PURPLE WEIGH IN #2

Options
HELLO Everyone!! Hope everyone had an amazing week! :) Please post your current weight here! :) Tomorrow I will announce the highest % of weight loss!
Remember:
Starting weight (competition start 11-7-2010)
Current Weight
1 Tip, 1 struggle & or 1 thing you are grateful for!!!
Thanks and I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Replies

• bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    TEAM GREEN!

Weigh In #1 - Nov. 07/10: 282.0
    Weigh In #2 - Nov. 14/10: 276.4

I'm grateful for my husband, who was able to drag me away from the Christmas candy displays at the grocery store yesterday. It could have (no, WOULD have) ended poorly without some support!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    TEAM GREEN!

I'm grateful for my husband, who was able to drag me away from the Christmas candy displays at the grocery store yesterday. It could have (no, WOULD have) ended poorly without some support!

GREAT LOSS! CONGRATULATIONS! :)
  • lfafnis
    lfafnis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Green team
    SW: 253
    CW: 249.6
    I struggled with staying away from treats at work this week.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Well, baby is growing because mommy's weight is staying steady. :) That's okay though. I'll catch up once he's born lol.

Last Week: 216.4lbs
    Today: 216.0lbs

Green Team

I'm having a hard time with energy this week. My 2 and 1 year olds are both teething so no one is sleeping.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    Is it too late to join the competition? I have my last week weigh in and of course this week if you have an uneven team :blushing:
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    TEAM GREEN!

GREAT LOSS! CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Thanks! If only it could be like that EVERY week, haha!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Purple Team
    Tosha
    SW: 222.5
    CW: 222.5 (Sorry purple team!)
    1 thing I struggled with this week was self control when going out to eat. Something I will have to work on for sure. Hubby is only home a couple weeks, though, and then I'll go back to avoiding them until I get the weight off! 1 thing I'm thankful for was the wonderful weather we had last week.
  • Helinah26
    Options
    Green team
    Helina
    SW:243.4
    CW:243.3
    SORRY GREEN TEAM :/

1thing i struggled with this week was sodium and not going over. i will really have work on that this week!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    hey guys....team purple here.
    started at 237 and am now at 234.
    tip- drink your water.
    struggle- the halloween candy called my name but thankfully the kids ate all the good stuff except for one sad and lonely butterfinger...i couldn't leave him there all alone! lol
    oh and i'm still fighting this horrific cold from hell so i had no desire to get on my treadmill and hack up a lung.
    next weekend is my birthday weekend.....calories? what are those???? there's no calories in tequila right? ;) i will do my best but i fully plan on celebrating this year. trip in to NYC and then partying in a hotel with my awesome friends. that's a great way to say goodbye to my 20's and hello to my 30's.
  • Sammy_k715
    Sammy_k715 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Green Team
    Starting Weight was: 180
    Todays Weight is:180 :(
    Sorry Green Team. It hasn't been a good week. I'm going to try really hard next week though. =]
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 189.8
    Current Weight: 188.2
    Purple Team!

This week I struggled with craving chocolate. I'm not sure WHY, but I managed to avoid it most of the time.
    One tip is to know that you're in control of what goes in your mouth. The food doesn't control us.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    HELLO Everyone!! Hope everyone had an amazing week! :) Please post your current weight here! :) Tomorrow I will announce the highest % of weight loss!
    Remember:
    Starting weight (competition start 11-7-2010)
    Current Weight
    Thanks and I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Green team!!

Starting weight: 204
    Current weight: 201.4

1 Tip: Don't buy foods that you know will tempt you! If you want candy or something, buy a single serving... Not a whole bag full! :)

1 struggle: I've had trouble finding time to workout and study too!
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    hello :)

green team

SW 102.4
    CW 101.4

struggled with temptations at work of cake and cookies ect but i just had a few and walked away. :)
  • Luckie712
    Options
    Green Team!

SW 243
    CW 240

3 pounds! Woo hoo! I'm grateful for my dog who stands at the door looking at the doorknob when he knows it's time to go on his walk. I would be a horrible doggy mommy not to take him on a long walk!
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Purple Team Here!

SW: 174.8
    CW: 174

My struggles this week was not being prepared at work with food. I kept not taking any, then halfway through my shift would be starving, so I would make me something out of their processed crap!! For a health care type facility, their food planner and shopper should be fired cuz she SUCKS!!!!

Anyway, Tip - Plan ahead. Write down everything you are going to eat for the week and shop for it all at once. That way you'll already know your meals and won't be tempted to go out to Burger King or something (or in my case, make something horrible for my belly at work) when you can't decide what to eat and become hungry!
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Glad all of you got your weights posted!! I am having trouble keeping everyone on schedule with weighing in. If anyone has any tips, short of messaging everyone the night before let me know. I would love to do that, but the site only lets you send so many messages and I can't send like a bulk message. Anywho!! Congrats to everyone for sticking with the competition. I'm going to post results probably at the end of the day today or tomorrow morning. I'm trying to give those who didn't message me or post their weight a chance to catch up. I sent them all a message just now, so hopefully they will get back to me.

SW: 256
    CW: 252
    My tip for everyone is something that I've realized is best for me. When trying to lose weight limit your food choices. For example I eat oatmeal for breakfast or I have a bagel. For lunch I eat a frozen meal or a peanut butter jelly sandwich. The reason I think this is helpful is bc it makes it easier to stick to calories. I recently went outside those lines and bought things that I love, and I ate the whole box. LOL Won't do that again.
    And I'm especially grateful for everyone in my life, including MFP and MFP friends. I can't believe I've lost 10 lb now. I'm so excited about this. I really just can't wait for next week when I get to say GOODBYE to the 250s! :) Hope everyone has a great day.
  • JLYNNFL01
    JLYNNFL01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jenny Team Green
    Starting weight (competition start 11-7-2010) 183.2
    Current Weight: 187

My struggle this week was huge. I spent half the day on Thursday in urgent care after having been dizzy since Tuesday. So needless to say I have not been medicialy cleared to workout. I have been literally spending the majority of the time, lying flat in bed or on the couch. My food has been off plan completely because I'm supposed to be eating small bland frequent meals to help keep the medicine down.

I'm currently recharging my body media after a weekend of not using it. I will atleast try to get a lot of walking in at a normal pace to keep my blood flowing but honestly that is probably going to be difficult as I am still so darn dizzy :(
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    Green Team!

SW 243
    CW 240

3 pounds! Woo hoo! I'm grateful for my dog who stands at the door looking at the doorknob when he knows it's time to go on his walk. I would be a horrible doggy mommy not to take him on a long walk!

Good for you and your dog!!! :) That is so cute that he knows. I used to wear the same sneakers everytime I took my dog on a walk, so if she saw/smelled those sneakers on me...she was HYYYYYPER until I got her out the door. She knew what time it was.
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    Jenny Team Green
    Starting weight (competition start 11-7-2010) 183.2
    Current Weight: 187

My struggle this week was huge. I spent half the day on Thursday in urgent care after having been dizzy since Tuesday. So needless to say I have not been medicialy cleared to workout. I have been literally spending the majority of the time, lying flat in bed or on the couch. My food has been off plan completely because I'm supposed to be eating small bland frequent meals to help keep the medicine down.

I'm currently recharging my body media after a weekend of not using it. I will atleast try to get a lot of walking in at a normal pace to keep my blood flowing but honestly that is probably going to be difficult as I am still so darn dizzy :(

Jenny! :( I really hope you start feeling better! Get your rest girl!
  • wahlflower
    wahlflower Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    purple team 192.2

Sorry purple team got back from Disneyland yesterday so i gained a couple pounds. :-( back on it this morning.