Meal Replacements

Options
I work three jobs so am on the go. I usually pack enough food to get me through most days but my newest job happens to be serving. Once I get to that job, I don't have an opportunity to eat (Forget about breaks- I don't want to order the restaurant food) until I get off work which is usually 8-10 hours later and around 1 or 2 am.

What is the best meal replacement shake or bar that I should be eating/drinking? I am looking for lower sugar products.

Any advice is appreciated. We don't have access to put our food in the fridge or anything so I can't just bring extra food to work with me. I have about a 20 minute window to drive to my serving jobs after my 8-5 job so need something QUICK!

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    If you take your anti low carb blinders off(that was meant for later responders), some of the "Atkins" meal bars are good with limited crap ingredients (for this type of product).

like: http://www.atkins.com/Products/Morning-Snack-Light-Breakfast---Day-Break/Peanut-Butter-Fudge-Crisp-Bar.aspx

not the highest in protein sources though, and will cause gas if you eat more than a couple a day.
  • coachpryor
    Options
    try and stay away from ones like carnation, boost ect that you can pick up at safe way and things. they are just packed with sugar.
    there are some good bars out there, again make sure the first ingredient isn't sugar. it wont help you much.
    check out your local supplement stores and read a lot of labels and get one with good ingredients and little sugar and filler. ( not easy to find by the way )
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Not a meal replacement bar, but, A Quest bar, couple spoonfulls of peanut butter and a tall glass of water is 400 calories and keeps me full for quite some time. Try a cookie dough or brownie Quest bar and just spread the PB right on top.

Rigger
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The Premier Protein bars and shakes work well and keep me feeling full. I find them at Sam's and Costco's. The shake is 160 cal, and 30g protein. But not enough for a full replacement so I would add a greek yogurt, nuts, or peanut butter and fruit, The bars are 280 calories and 30 g of protein. Followed by a full glass of water they hold me for some time.
  • rickettsk1
    rickettsk1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your advice! :) greatly appreciated! I don't usually stray from real meals but with my current situation there is just no way for me to eat a nice healthy dinner.

thanks again!!