For those wanting to lose over 150 lbs post here....

Options
2»

Replies

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    150-160 to lose here. Long journey.
  • mrsctpace
    mrsctpace Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have already lost 72, still need to lose another 134. I'm working on it.
  • jeleclekat1951
    jeleclekat1951 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. My profile shows I joined in November, but I didn't start until this past Monday because of the holidays. For me,personally, lower carbs work, but I will not go down to 20 carbs. I do good at 75-100 carbs which is a lot less than MFP has set for me. I know my body a little better than they do, lol. . You don't need to cut out something completely if you learn how to incorporate it into your eating. Hubby does the cooking and I don't feel it is fair to limit him in what he cooks, it's up to me to know what and how much I can eat. Setting slow, realistic goals I think is the best way to go.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I have 168.8 lbs left to lose at this point. I welcome the support. I know it will be a long journey to get there, but I'm willing to really put myself out there to make a lifestyle change. I do the "Turtle." Remember the turtle only makes progress when it sticks its neck out. :smile:
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight it was after the birth of my son when I hit 345lbs. Since then 2 years ago, I have lost 101lbs I am looking to lose another 55lbs. Always happy to have friends that are starting out in the same place I used to be. Feel free to add me for support. We all can do this, we just have to put our minds to it!
  • lwcgrad
    lwcgrad Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thats great jele
  • chell_dare
    Options
    On day 4 and feeling really overwhelmed, yet still optimistic. Initially, I had planned to use MFP to log my calories and exercise (when I can actually move enough to not pass out or throw up!). The idea of adding friends seemed too much like asking for help, something I have a real hard job doing. Part of what got me in the mess I'm in is the fact that i'm everyone's go to gal, the strong one who can fix everyone's world but my own. I not only carry my problems, but my friend's and family's also. I'm a fixer, it's who I am. That said, why can't I fix me? Hmmm, the million dollar question. I know all the "right" answers, yet I just can't seem to get them to apply in a way that spells success for myself. So here I am, hat in hand, humbled and ready to reach out for help. I don't want my claim to fame to be the next installment of "My 600 lb life" on TLC. Just reading this thread makes me feel a little less alone in this journey. Please add me as a friend, I'm really not as depressing as my profile may seem. 4 days ago I woke up feeling pretty desperate and scared and that is definitely reflected in my profile description. I could change it, but I think I need to keep a reminder of that feeling. Good luck to everyone on this thread, even if we don't become friends. We are all here for a reason!
  • joojoogajoo
    Options
    I have 175 lbs to lose. I am 11 pounds down since Jan 1 and I feel like it's so slow, but I know that I'm making a permanent change. I need friends to help me not get impatient and to stay the course over the long haul! I am committed, but have little support in my everyday life, so some MFP friends would be great!