Starbucks Drinks

Options
I have found one of my bigest struggles has been limiting my Starbucks :( Its the holidays and I havent even had a peppermint mocha yet :( I will occasionally get a light frappacino, those have like 110 calories or something.

My question is, do you drink Starbucks while counting calories? What drink do you get?

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I get a cafe americano more mornings than not... Espresso plus water, delicious and doesn't break the calorie bank. Took a little getting used to after the sweet, rich drinks.
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Took a little getting used to after the sweet, rich drinks.

my fav, of course! LOL!
  • cjkasseckert
    cjkasseckert Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do... I have a Starbucks Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte several times a week for breakfast... that along with a granola bar or two give me a filling 400 or so calories for breakfast and gives me a good dose of protein to keep me full until lunch. Besides, it calms me down, wakes me up and keeps me comfortable until late morning.
  • izaaksmom
    Options
    Double tall nonfat cappuccino with two packets of raw sugar. Cappuccinos have less milk than lattes since it's just foam.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I use the VIA Iced Coffee at home. It takes 16 oz of water and it's only 50 calories.
  • kinseym
    Options
    Get them non-fat, no whip on the holiday ones ... otherwise, skinny lattes are your best bet if you can't resist. My plan is to do a workout that equals the number of calories first ... then it's a trade off! Or, I've lost interest! :-)
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    I have the venti non-fat no whip mocha. a big change from my favorite, the venti marble mocha (500cals!), and almost half the calories (280cals)!
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I just get their drip coffee, usually the bold pick w/ 2 pumps of sugar-free syrup and a little half & half, add splenda as you need it for sweetness. Even with the little bit of half & half it's only 45 calories or so. I've been drinking this so long that I don't like the froo-froo lattes... they taste watered down! :drinker:
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    I get a tall nonfat mocha frappe. Like you said, it only has a little over 100 calories. Yum :o)
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    3-5 times a week I have a Grande Skinny Vanilla SOY latte.

Coffee is my weakness. If I were to try to deprive myself of coffee I would surely fail. I
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    nonfat dirty chai latte!! yummmm and only about 200 calories!

idk just ordering nonfat is pretty good. though the syrups add sugar but i usually don't get syrup (except pumpkin now its in season... yummm, but even a grande of that is only around 260 if you have extra calories!) or ask for sugarfree flavors.
  • kmard81
    Options

Coffee is my weakness. If I were to try to deprive myself of coffee I would surely fail. I

ditto!
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    I get an iced caramel macchioto w/ nonfat milk 190cal usually for breakfast
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Oh how I love Starbucks! and those peppermint mochas are so much a part of the holidays to me!!!

Now, I make my own peppermint mochas at home adding Altoids and hot cocoa mix to my coffee, sounds strange but it does satisfy that peppermint mocha craving.

When I go to Starbucks now, I get either a grande non-fat latte with just one pump of syrup, usually toffeenut or hazelnut. I still get the sweet flavor of the syrup, but it's far fewer calories, I think it's about 110 or 130, I can't remember.

Lately, in my search for a less caloric Starbucks drink, I have come to discover that I LOVE espresso with cream. The espresso is nice and rich and caramel flavored and the dollop of whipped cream on top gives it that additional sweet creamy taste. I've quickly become addicted to this and it is just a shot of espresso with a dollop of whipped cream, but it's only about 30 calories. Or you can get a double shot, still having only that dollop of whipped cream and I think that bumps it up to like 45 calories.

Good luck finding lower calorie drinks, I know how I LOVE those sweet coffee drinks, but I know if you try out some other options, you'll find some. Hey, maybe even just asking them to only put 1/2 the chocolate into that mocha?!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Took a little getting used to after the sweet, rich drinks.

my fav, of course! LOL!

Proof that you have great taste in drinks!
  • anewpath
    anewpath Posts: 200
    Options
    Coffeemate does some great flavors for the holidays. I love the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks and I have yet to endulge in one. I get the flavors for home, they have peppermint mocha. Just do your usual coffee and add a tablespoon of the peppermint mocha, its only 35 calories.

Good Luck!!
  • Danijean10
    Danijean10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Omg non fat iced carmel machiattos is where its at!!! Lol and for aroun 190 cals its not tooooo bad.
    They're my addiction, its like heaven in a cup lol
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Wow - the power of suggestion is stronger than I realized. After I first read this thread, I found myself in Starbucks ordering... you guessed it - a peppermint mocha! Not the less offensive alternatives mentioned. :blushing:

A search on Hungry Girl reveals this alternative - if you're interested in recreating it at home!

Seasons Treatings!
    HG has done it again -- we've created yet another fantastic Starbucks swap! This one is creamy and crazy-chocolatey, with just the right amount of minty candy cane, coffee, and french vanilla flavors thrown in. It's super-sized to match The Bucks' 12-ouncer, but feel free to whip up a half-sized version of this recipe that'll fit nicely into your favorite mug -- then it'll have fewer than 55 calories and a POINTS® value of 1*. Think of it as our delicious little holiday gift to you. And BTW, if java's not your thing, feel free to make this minty concoction without coffee. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
    2 packets Swiss Miss Diet hot cocoa mix
    1 tsp. instant coffee
    2 tsp. Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
    2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
    1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
    1/3 peppermint candy cane (standard size), crushed
    2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
    Empty contents of cocoa packets into a tall mug or glass. Add instant coffee and powdered creamer. Slowly pour in 12 ounces of hot water, stirring until cocoa and creamer have completely dissolved. Stir in the peppermint extract and sweetener. If your drink is extra-hot, let it cool for a minute or so. Top your drink off with the Reddi-wip, and then sprinkle the crushed candy cane pieces over the whipped topping. Gorgeous!!! MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 12 ounces with whipped topping (entire recipe)
    Calories: 105
    Fat: 2g
    Sodium: 313mg
    Carbs: 17g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 10g
    Protein: 4g

POINTS® value 2*
  • kmard81
    Options
    Wow - the power of suggestion is stronger than I realized. After I first read this thread, I found myself in Starbucks ordering... you guessed it - a peppermint mocha! Not the less offensive alternatives mentioned. :blushing:

A search on Hungry Girl reveals this alternative - if you're interested in recreating it at home!

Seasons Treatings!
    HG has done it again -- we've created yet another fantastic Starbucks swap! This one is creamy and crazy-chocolatey, with just the right amount of minty candy cane, coffee, and french vanilla flavors thrown in. It's super-sized to match The Bucks' 12-ouncer, but feel free to whip up a half-sized version of this recipe that'll fit nicely into your favorite mug -- then it'll have fewer than 55 calories and a POINTS® value of 1*. Think of it as our delicious little holiday gift to you. And BTW, if java's not your thing, feel free to make this minty concoction without coffee. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
    2 packets Swiss Miss Diet hot cocoa mix
    1 tsp. instant coffee
    2 tsp. Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
    2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
    1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
    1/3 peppermint candy cane (standard size), crushed
    2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
    Empty contents of cocoa packets into a tall mug or glass. Add instant coffee and powdered creamer. Slowly pour in 12 ounces of hot water, stirring until cocoa and creamer have completely dissolved. Stir in the peppermint extract and sweetener. If your drink is extra-hot, let it cool for a minute or so. Top your drink off with the Reddi-wip, and then sprinkle the crushed candy cane pieces over the whipped topping. Gorgeous!!! MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 12 ounces with whipped topping (entire recipe)
    Calories: 105
    Fat: 2g
    Sodium: 313mg
    Carbs: 17g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 10g
    Protein: 4g

POINTS® value 2*

Nice! Thanks!!
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had a tall nonfat caffe mocha without whipped cream, very good and only 170 calories!