crap, its 4pm and ive got 36 cals left...

Options
Counting calories is not my idea of a good time! Any suggestions on how to ration out these minimal calories for the next, oh, six hours....wahhh, haha.

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    go for a walk and earn yourself some more calories! A good brisk walk for a half hour earns about 100 calories. You can do it!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yep, in moments like these, exercise is your best friend!
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Exercise for an hour and gain more calories for the day :flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time to go to the gym & earn your supper. Go be a winner, winner, and earn yourself some chicken dinner!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You've got a couple of options. First, a 500-calorie deficit is already built into your daily total to lose weight. So if you go over a little, you'll still have some deficit, or at least break even. If you want to eat tonight, I think you're stuck with eating into your deficit. You can have a salad, chicken breast, and some steamed veggies for about 400 calories or a little less. You'll eat into your deficit, but you'll still be a little under maintenance. That's one option.

Another option is to earn some more calories with exercise. You can go to the gym, go for a walk or jog for an hour or so, pop in an exercise DVD, etc. That'll give you some more calories for the day.

Otherwise, you'll have to break out the celery and have at it. LOL. :smile:

In the future, you'll find this calorie-counting much easier if you plan your day's meals in advance. That way you won't end up with nothing left at the end of the day. That's how I do it. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    green beans. you can eat a ton of green beans for less than cals. Throw in a walk, or 15 mins of jumping jacks and you can add in some high fiber food to stretch your fullness out. Also drink a lot of water.

I'm opposite today have 800 cals left today (out of my 1900 maintenance goal + 500 exercise) and I'm not hungry. I'll probably eat about 200 though. green beans are sounding good now!
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i agree with the other posts, go do some exercises to earn some more calories! otherwise, tonight isn't going to be fun at all. you deserve a good meal! go exercise!
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    There is nothing left to be said..
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I would do one of two things:

A) Go try to burn some calories so you can try to squeeze in your calories for the day. Also, plan tomorrow's meals and meal times for the day out in the morning or tonight.

B) Go over your calories for the day. Tomorrow is a fresh start! Also, plan tomorrow's meals and meal times for the day out in the morning or tonight.
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Exercise! Exercise! EXERCISE!!!
  • darece
    darece Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always plan a day in advance.
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow! Im already liking this place better than caloriecount.com, haha
    I think i just may hafta check out the gym....or the nightclub tonight ;)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    There is nothing left to be said..

he said.

LOL
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I always plan a day in advance.

So do I. This has helped me to not run into this problem, unless I get lazy and don't workout. I plan my day around 1500 or so calories which gives me 300 exercise calories to eat back...but since I typically burn twice that much doing my Insanity workouts, I can allow myself a little more...you know, the pinch of cheese we sneak while cooking, the gulp of hubby's soda when we get tired of sucking down water, etc. :bigsmile:
  • Elaine_NZ
    Options
    yep counting calories is not my idea of fun either! but have enjoyed reading all your replies & am feeling motivated to start this fitnesspal today! Thanks