Are the weekends usually the hardest?

Options
Ya know, it kinda sucks because every Saturday, I go to my boyfriends family's house for a Football Party. Well, usually every Saturday when there's a game. They have certain traditions like, eat M&M's that are OSU colors or make cake when we win. If you guys haven't noticed, OSU has been winning a lot which means more M&M's & more chocolate cake.

I usually just give up on the weekends because it's just so flippin' difficult! So, I just need to kick butt during the week & build up my Will-Power till Saturday, I guess.

Does anyone else have a really hard time on Saturday's & Sunday's?

Replies

• serena22289
    serena22289 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    weekends are very hard for me as well. especially when we have girl's night and go get cheesecake.....
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, weekends are the hardest for me. I tell myself that as long as I still exercise, it's okay to let loose a little bit, I just try to be super good during the week!
  • chrisddixon
    Options
    Weekends I count as my treat days. Generally Saturday, anyway. Last night i treated myself to one of my favorite foods, went over my calories, and was happy with it knowing that the day before and the day after I could make it up.
  • thefortuna
    thefortuna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually try to do my hardest workouts during the weekend. If I know I'm going out Saturday night, I'll do my long run then. It offsets the extra intake from going out, and it also makes you a bit more conscious and self-controlled about what you eat.

It's difficult, but I wouldn't just give up on the weekends, though! That's 30% of your life. Think of it as a challenge you have to tackle. Everybody has to deal with the party conundrum one way or the other!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I think weekends are really difficult for most people. They lack the structure of the work week, and are a bit of a celebration for everyone- the motivation for reigning in goodies is much lower.

My recommendation would be to still do your best to track what it is you eat, even if you don't keep to you calorie goal. It's better to know and be aware of what you eat, even when it's junky/junkier. I go out with the BF most weekends but almost always track what it is that I eat. As a result, over time I have figured out ways to indulge happily in my full fat foods when I want without feeling guilty or -most times- going egregiously over my calorie goals.

Good luck and go OSU!
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    They are definitely the hardest for me. Mostly because I don't have classes to occupy my time. However, on saturday I do my long run so I have plenty of extra calories. Also, I do laundry which takes way more time than it should. Sunday is my day off so I have to really focus on eating each meal at the specified time. Planning the day before or morning of is key to maintaining a healthy diet on weekends when there is much more free time to slip up.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If I KNOW I'm going to be splurging, I'll make sure I get in a good workout, and be diligent about my calories for the rest of the day. Salad, fresh fruit, fat free yogurt, so I have some leeway in my calories for the day. And I try really hard to approximate what I ate in my food diary. It's difficult, but I feel better being accountable and knowing approximately how much damage I'm doing. And eat something healthy before you go so you don't go hungry! :) I feel bad on the weekends because my wife is kinda limited in what she gets to eat because I'm not cooking or eating like I used to.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Make Saturday your cheat day! :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Yeah, weekends are tough and usually spend the entire weekend working out. Mostly i will do a Saturday or a Sunday and usually move ahead on my weigh ins if I have to thats on Mondays..or sometimes i weigh in early on a weekend like Saturday, and count that in and if the scale is mad on Monday i usually blame it on the food lol
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the worst, because I'm around my family & they don't really care too much for "dieting"--I use that word loosely.
    So I have to eat what they have, usually junk food; but I try not to cram my face with it.
    I make sure to add it in with my daily stuff so I know what's going into my mouth...
    & I still work-out, which helps me feel kind of less guilty.
    8[
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I am more careful doing the weekends because I don't exercise much, just some walking. I get sick if I overeat or if eat heavy foods, so I exercise self control. I don't think that weekend are more special to justify overeating.

If I go out to a friend's house or to a restaurant, I eat less at home and still watch what I put in my mouth when I am not at home. I noticed that self control makes feel powerful and I like the feeling. Better than feeling bloated or guilty.
  • lenaxox
    Options
    i find them tough. no school and no work. we all end up just being couch potatos and eating easy stuff. blah.
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hard for me because of the same reason - I go to the other half's parents for dinner on a saturday night, and my parent's on a sunday. And both our Mum's are fantastic cooks - plus I have no control over what is made. They are also the only days that we have desserts. I try to exercise earlier in the day to prepare myself, but usually my cals are a bit higher those days.
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It's official. Weekends are the most challenging for everyone!
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    I use Sundays as my "rest day". I don't think about calories, won't look at the back of food packaging, don't record anything into MFP (though I still like to log on and browse the boards sometimes!). I'm even more lenient with Saturdays. If I know I'm going out to dinner or to a party or something, I'll be conscious about what I'm eating throughout the day and go to the gym if I can, and then stop thinking about it until Monday :)

But I'm finding that even with my mental "permission", that I don't tend to get ridiculous. Maybe my tastes and appetite are changing some, lol.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Weekends CAN be hard for me. Not always, but yes I have had a few slip ups only during the weekends. Probably because the weekdays it's just my daughter and I home and the weekends my husband is home.
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    I always start over on Monday. Especially if I go out drinking. Who knows how many calories I'll take in then.