Eating Once a Day

Options
124»

Replies

• sammycee15
    sammycee15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been on so many diets, paleo, atkins, weight watchers (what a waste of money) and finally I realized that it was the time of the day I got hungry. I'm not normally hungry in the morning but reading has always persisted in saying you need to eat in the morning or your body will go into starvation mode. I don't really eat lunch either again because I'm not hungry. By the time I get home I'm famished and all I want are carbs. For the past three days I have been keeping a zero/low carb, mainly veggies and portein, don't really go and exercise at all. Eating at the end of the day sets me to burn it off before I go to sleep at night. However, I have noticed that I haven't been sleeping as well as I did when I had a high carb meal which does make me sleepy. But week one and I've already lost about 3 - 4 pounds. Don't feel awful and my mind has tricked me into having a reward at night and keeping me on track. I would like to say that I could do this for the rest of my life but who knows because I like rice way too much.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Clearing this up now:

There is no clinical evidence that eating breakfast jump starts metabolism nor is it the most important meal of the day.

Sleeping doesn't shut down your metabolism.

Eating several meals a day doesn't increase metabolic rate.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    if you eat once a day you will not have to see this

Cat-watches-toilet-flush.gif?
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is a sustainable lifestyle choice that isn't rigid. It also saves you time and money, especially if you're just going to eat at most, two meals a day. So if you only eat at dinnertime, and manage to get sufficient calories, go for it! Else, stick to a short feeding window of perhaps about 4 hours to fit in all your calories.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Read up on intermittent fasting, because that's essentially what you're doing...fasting for a large portion of the day, and restricting calories to a small window of time. It works for a lot of people, but usually the feeding window is longer, and contains more than just one meal.

Here's an article which just outlines a few different methods. dailyburn.com/life/health/intermittent-fasting-methods/