Not eating enough?

Options
The past week I've averaged between 500-1,000 calories a day, even though I'm on MFP's 2lb per week weight loss program. Even today, as of 6:00pm I still have 1,448 calories remaining, 643 consumed and my "goal" is suppose to be 1,650 / day. It seems as though ever since I started watching what I eat and when I eat, I'm NOT eating. Not on purpose of course, I'm not trying to starve myself! At the same time, I don't feel hungry...

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    add some nuts, peanut butter, avocado, butter, good fats so you can hit the mark. It's good to be making healthy choices, it's not good to deprive your body of fuel and nutrition.

This is common, and you'll be able to get it right!
  • qheidi
    qheidi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Remember that not eating enough can have the opposite effect on your body...your body goes into starvation mode and you may actually gain weight.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I am a DA too :). I did the same thing first starting out. I think it was just because I didn't want to have to remember and add the food so I just wouldn't eat it. But with a higher activity level it is required to eat more or your body will just hold on to any ounce it can. I set my goal to 1500 and only eat that, not exercise calories. If you are not hungry, make yourself eat. You are probably so hungry your body stops asking. Once you start eating more that is when you have to be careful because it is easy to go overboard!