Heavy people on bicycle rollers

Options
I've read a review on a bike roller i was looking to buy but it mentioned that it doesnt work well if you are heavier, does anyone have any experience with this.

Im thinking that this person might have to pedal harder to make the rollers move but im not sure.

Replies

• jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I guess no fat people other than me will consider doing this.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting rollers and hadn't heard anything about the rider's weight having any bearing.......could you provide a link to the review?
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    i had to google what a bike roller was, and i gotta say they look a bit terrifying haha. YOu just rid e a regular bike on them?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I've read a review on a bike roller i was looking to buy but it mentioned that it doesnt work well if you are heavier, does anyone have any experience with this.

Im thinking that this person might have to pedal harder to make the rollers move but im not sure.

Not specifically, but it's probably because the manufacturer used an inferior bearing in the design of the product. As such, the rollers probably won't roll very well with too big of a downward load. Not knowing how, exactly, it was designed, I can only guess that that's the problem.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting rollers and hadn't heard anything about the rider's weight having any bearing.......could you provide a link to the review?

here is the link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IN02ZC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0JJ7GMVG2CG5T09B1YVZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846
  • heroeslegend
    heroeslegend Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 110kgs and can use rollers without a problem (clarifying..my weight is not an issue).

Rollers, are not without their own dilemmas though (you'll find millions of youtube clips which'll explain this) and more importantly, they dont offer resistance for training. If you wanted to increase your fitness, you'd want to look for a wind trainer or an ERG.