How come other people see results in one week?

Options
I'm 19 5'2 115lbs 1200-1300 cals and working out with T25. I never "cheated" in my eating. I weighed and measured myself today and nothing has changed.

I just don't get why other people get results as fast as one week while others don't like me :(

Replies

• Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For the most part people that are overweight initially loose weight a bit faster than those of us who are at or close to a good weight.

It takes me about two or three weeks before I see any difference on the scale or with a tape measure.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    At 5'2 and 115 pounds what are you hoping to achieve that you'd be able to see in only a week?
  • mmargarette
    mmargarette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    At 5'2 and 115 pounds what are you hoping to achieve that you'd be able to see in only a week?

115lbs isn't my normal weight. I gained so much after a year in college. I was hoping maybe a pound or a few cm off my waist. Buy I guess it's a really slow process.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Well, most people do not have only a tiny amount of weight to lose. Because you are already so small, .25-.5lbs per week is all you will be able to do. But do not worry, be consistent and accuratr and you will get there. :)
  • TP2323
    TP2323 Posts: 32
    Options
    You are going to gain weight with college. You can't stay high school size forever. I am 5'2" and I weigh 155 lbs. Just try your best and be okay with the results you have. You'll realize later in life that you are NOT as fat as you think you are. In fact, you're going to wish you were this size again one day.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    You're 19 years old. How can you say what your "normal" weight is? I'm not trying to be rude but your body may have just finished maturing. As you develop into a woman your body will change, that's normal.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I would KILL, and I mean KILL to be 115. You're at a healthy weight. You simply do not have the fat stores necessary to constitute huge amounts of weight loss. Or even small/medium/large. I wouldn't shoot for more than .5 lbs a week, because an aggressive calorie goal isn't what you need.

If you're looking to have more definition with your body, look into body recomposition instead of a calorie deficit.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

115lbs isn't my normal weight. I gained so much after a year in college. I was hoping maybe a pound or a few cm off my waist. Buy I guess it's a really slow process.

You are actually at the low end of the normal weight range for your size (110-130). Anything less and you'd be underweight. I can understand that you are used to weighing less, but it doesn't sound like your weight gain is anything to worry about and you probably don't have a lot of excess weight to lose anyway.

In general, the closer you are to your normal weight, the more difficult it is to lose weight. I lost six pounds this week, but I also have about forty pounds to lose to hit the upper end of my normal weight range. Maybe the bigger issue is why you think you need to weight less.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    You aren't in High School anymore. Your body is turning into a woman. Your body is growing still and changing. You should not be attempting to lose down to your HS weight ever again. Work on building some muscle, but be happy with 115-125 at your height.
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm 5'2 and 117 pounds. I feel your frustration and I am experiencing the same thing. I am also not comfortable at this weight and would like to drop a few pounds back to what I was a few years ago. I am just going to keep trying...btw I have a thyroid problem and type 1 diabetes which may be stalling me.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think because people are bigger and they lose more fat and water weight.
    But then again your not really that big to begin with, maybe youll lose .5 pounds a week?
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I would KILL, and I mean KILL to be 115. You're at a healthy weight. You simply do not have the fat stores necessary to constitute huge amounts of weight loss. Or even small/medium/large. I wouldn't shoot for more than .5 lbs a week, because an aggressive calorie goal isn't what you need.

If you're looking to have more definition with your body, look into body recomposition instead of a calorie deficit.

If you REALLY mean you would KILL to be 115, then this is a problem. If you don't mean it, then you should still consider the power that words can have. Using language that intense with regards to weight is not a great indication of a healthy attitude.

And, OP, I agree with Love4fitnessLove4food; you are quite young to have determined that 115 is not "normal" for you.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 I graduated HS weighing 95 pounds. In one year in college as a double science major I had gained 20 lbs. Your body changes as you grow up.
    You also have a VERY tiny amount to lose to it will be very slow.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    uhm, because 115 is about the right weight for your height?!?!

instead of focusing on your (scale) weight, maybe you'd see more positive results from a bit of strength training.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ladies on MFP have also noted that the time of the month can play a big role in weight as well. Keep it up for a couple more weeks and then see what the results are. As others have said, you have only a little bit to lose and that's going to come off far slower than it will off of me.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I did the entire T25 program (Gamma phase included) and didn't see results until after the first 3-4 weeks. I didn't lose but just a few lbs. over three months, but my endurance and stamina improved immensly and my belly got a bit flatter. Didn't change clothes sizes, didn't lose tons of inches, but I gained a lot more from the program.

I've heard the same statement (and complaints about T25 from others).

Those that see huge results are likely those that have a TON to lose to start with. For your height, your weight does not seem too far off goal. Keep working hard, it will pay off.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

If you REALLY mean you would KILL to be 115, then this is a problem. If you don't mean it, then you should still consider the power that words can have. Using language that intense with regards to weight is not a great indication of a healthy attitude.

Of course I don't mean literally.

ETA; I've been obese all of my adult life. Although I perhaps did not chose the right words, what I mean to say is, I would really love to be a HEALTHY weight. I was trying to emphasize that 115 lbs at 5'2 is a healthy weight and that perhaps she should be happy at that weight... as opposed to unhealthy and obese... like me. I'm sorry if my wording offended anyone.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm 5'2 and 117 pounds. I feel your frustration and I am experiencing the same thing. I am also not comfortable at this weight and would like to drop a few pounds back to what I was a few years ago. I am just going to keep trying...btw I have a thyroid problem and type 1 diabetes which may be stalling me.

Read comments left for the OP who is the same weight. You have no weight to lose.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Here is my experience, I was eating fast food nearly every other day, drinking a starbuck energy coffee drink every morning and a soda in the the afternoon and eating a candy bar in the afternoon (nearly every day). When I got home, I ate crap food and ate candy before bed - you can go ahead and say it, unhealthy much? I ballooned to 258, the heaviest I have every been even though all year, I worked in construction every weekend, probably burning 1000's of calories but I was sedentary the rest of the week.

I started logging here and stopped fast food, energy drinks, soda and candy, cold turkey. I the first week, I lost 10 lbs, the following week I lost none and I have been averaging about 3.6 over 8 weeks.

My point, I was severely overweight for me, I was eating very poorly, the weight fell off so quickly b/c I had the weight to lose. You sound like you have a small frame and you only weigh 115, you are probably close to your optimal weight, it's harder to lose when you are near your optimal weight.

Don't be discouraged by comparing yourself to others, if you log your food, keep your calories in check, exercise, you are getting more healthy, your weight loss will come but it will come in fractions of lbs, not full measures.

I am not a dr and have no formal training, this is just my opinion and I may be dead wrong. You may want to seek out a trainer or dietician who can help you determine what you should be doing and if you should be doing it.

Good luck on your journey.