Need to lose 40 lbs.

Options
Hi I'm new here, and would love to hear from you with healthy weight loss suggestions. Hope to "talk" to you soon.

Replies

• Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm trying to lose the same amount. I just started a fruit and veggie regime. Also work out no less than an hour a day 6 days a week. After my 21 day fruit & veggie I plan eating lots of vegetables no carbs, fish and chicken.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm trying to lose the same amount. I just started a fruit and veggie regime. Also work out no less than an hour a day 6 days a week. After my 21 day fruit & veggie I plan eating lots of vegetables no carbs, fish and chicken.

I would encourage you to read the link above too. It may give you a different perspective on "dieting". For example, you mention your eating plan for the next 21 days and after, why go to such drastic measures? Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like this is a much different way of eating than what you are used to. Why not learn to eat the things you like, in moderation, and learn about how important adequate amounts of protein, fat and carbs are? Yes, you need carbs. Though you will get carbs from the vegetables, so not exactly a "no carb" way of eating, but there is no reason you can't have other things that you like. That way, it is more sustainable and you are more likely to find success in losing weight, and not gaining it back.
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm doing what helped me lose the 30lbs I originally loss. I only put back on because I went back to my old habits. I will look at the link. Thank you for sharing.
  • JAbadgalstyle
    Options
    Thanks for the link. Really great suggestions.