workout shoes

Options
I need workout shoes and im heading out to Target tonight but was wondering does anyone have good workout shoes that they just love. The ones i have now make my toes go numb when im working out and it drives me insane. I don't want to spend more then $30
I would hate to spend the money on a cheap pair of shoes that end up giving me issue's

Replies

• twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    When my money is low I go to Sears. You can get name brand shoes on sale for 29.00 they always have a sale.
  • LvlyLH
    Options
    I had the same problem. I ended up getting Asics gel shoes. They are a little more but soo worth it. Also, New Balance is great too!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Check out Ross Dress for Less if you have one in your area. That's where I buy my New Balance shoes for less then $30. :wink:
  • mrsdiaz
    mrsdiaz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Splurge a bit and go with a pair of New Balance! I have a pair for walking and a pair for "running". I got mine at Sam's so they were quite a bit cheaper than at a normal retailer.
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    I sometimes have that issue if the toe area is a little more narrow. Go up a 1/2 size or more on your sneakers if they don't feel "floppy". It may just be that you need the extra room... Be sure the arch support is good too. I LOVE my Adidas sneakers!
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I went for some Nike and I love them. The box says Air Max Moto, not sure if that helps.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's worth it to spend a little more for shoes you're going to exercise or run in. Adidas are the only running shoes I can wear. All others are either too narrow, have arch support in the wrong place, or are otherwise uncomfortable. I got my last pair at an Adidas outlet for pretty cheap, maybe $40 or $50.

Ross, Marshall's and TJ Maxx can be great places to get inexpensive shoes but if your feet have specific needs it can be hard to find what you need. Sporting goods stores usually have a section of clearance shoes and they are usually pretty reasonably priced.
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go to Big 5 Sporting Goods. Looks like the one closest to Menifee is Murrieta. They've always got good athletic shoes on sale for less than $20.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I need shoes just for doing workout dvd's and my elliptical Im not a Runner and once in a while i'll take my youngest out for a long walk... I really don't have more then 30 bucks to spend on shoes right now so i have to buy what i can for that price! Maybe after christmas i'll have more money to go a little crazy and buy great shoes but for now i just need something besides my skate shoes i wear that are making my toes go numb. Thank you for all the shoe brands and once i really go shoe shopping i will keep all those in mind.. Im still heading to target and hoping they have something there