Menu Help.

Options
Hi Guys, now I know that this is a question without an exact answer but I would like your input.

I'm going out to lunch tomorrow and this is the menu:

Entree

DIPS & BITS
(to share)
Grilled Turkish Bread and Herb Rubbed Pizza Bianca with Specialty Dips

Main Course Choices

FISH & CHIPS - Beer Battered Red Spot Emperor, served with Chips, Salad and Homemade
Tartare.

CHICKEN PARMA - Herb Crumber Chicken Breast, Chunky Vegetable Salsa, Crispy Pancetta, Three
Cheeses served with Chips and side salad

FUSILLI PASTA (V) - Sundried Tomato, Broad Beans, Pesto topped with Shaved Parmesan

AGED SIRLOIN - (ALL STEAKS SERVED MEDIUM) - Creamy Mash, Green Beans & Slow Roast Roma Tomato, Finished with a Port Wine Jus.

++++

Which would you think of the main courses would be the lowest cal dish? (Assuming average size restaurant serves) - as I've not been there before I have no idea of serving sizes. And could you take a guess at how many cals?

Here's their web address http://www.thebrookbarandbistro.com.au/index.php
and no, I didn't choose it and yes, I think it does seem very pretentious.

Replies

• djpro1337
    djpro1337 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would go with the Chicken Parma or Aged Sirloin.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I would go with the Chicken Parma or Aged Sirloin.

Agreed. Although I'd bet the sirloin has the least cals of the two, given the cheese and the pancetta that come with the chicken. As for the actual cals, you can look up generic chicken parm and sirloin in the database and that should give you a decent estimate. Obviously portion size is going to be a big factor here.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, that is what I was thinking too. I guess if the steak is huge I don't have to eat it all!