Can Users Change My Data Entries?

Options
I will do my due diligence and correct the ones I find that are not accurate. But I'm now hesitant to make my entries public because does that mean they someone can change my entry? I knows my entries are correct because I take my time to be accurate, and so I dont want my time wasted by someone coming behind me and overwriting my entries.

I have corrected a little less than half of the data I have found so far.....

Anyone?

Replies

• miss_martin
    Options
    I've changed some that I know for a fact are wrong myself... but if I'm not 100% sure I leave them alone and just double check my info and add in a new product. I've also found a lot of the stuff to be correct. I have a harder time when I use my own recipes though... I'm not sure how to figure out the calories and so forth on those...
  • mab0669
    Options
    I'd like to know also. I make corrections all the time on bad entries and never thought about someone changing what I've entered. I wish everyone was careful. It's no wonder people are *****ing all the time on these message boards that they aren't losing weight.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I will do my due diligence and correct the ones I find that are not accurate. But I'm now hesitant to make my entries public because does that mean they someone can change my entry? I knows my entries are correct because I take my time to be accurate, and so I dont want my time wasted by someone coming behind me and overwriting my entries.

I have corrected a little less than half of the data I have found so far.....

Anyone?

I think the system creates a new entry when there is conflicting information. So, if I post an entry and you see that I have entered it incorrectly - you correct it and submit the correction - there will then be 2 entries of the same food - one will have the original information that I posted and the other will have the corrections that you posted.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I try and use any foods from the database that DO NOT have a * next to them because those were entered by the creator of the site so I feel they might be more accurate than ones entered by individual users. Anything with a * next to it means that a user has created that entry. I dont think that people could come change your entries on your food diary if it is public, only items they are searching for in the database.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I never thought about that before either. I've confirmed entries and added my own but never tried to change one.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    When looking at entries, and changing entries, keep in mind that this database is compiled from all over the world. Different countries have different information on labels. Serving sizes and other measurements can be different. Manufacturers can also change label information when ever they need to. Different countries also allow different ingredients in the products and that can change the nutritional information. Just because YOU enter it today, tomorrow SOMEONE ELSE might have the same product with different information, and BOTH can be correct. Save yourself some frustration and don't get pissed when what you see in the database doesn't match exactly every time. Find yourself a good measurement conversion website too.
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    gosh i had not even thought of this subject. I mean someone going in and doing it on purpose. Maybe its not on purpose,, but i find myself double checking on packages off and on and compare and so far things have been pretty acurate. I have learned to recognise 3 and 4 oz of meat after i weighed it once. I am trying to get the gram thing still kinda hard but im getting it. I do compare some of the entries with one another and some havet listed carbs or fats so i kinda check a few and make sure all data is there before i add it on permanatly. I never thought about changing what i find that is wrong and i guess with what your all saying it is possible to do . Over all i have been very impressed with this site. My doctor asked how im loseing and wrote down the web site address. I was pretty impressed. ok ta ta for now