• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Claustrophobia...

I forgot about that one!
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Cockroaches. It's stupid, really, especially since no other bugs or rodents or even spiders (which I have a reason to be afraid of as I woke up one night as a kid to discover thousands of freshly hatched baby spiders crawling all over me from head to toe) bother me at all, but I can't handle cockroaches. I flip out. Like, can't go into the room for a couple of days after seeing one flip out.

Feet also freak me out a bit, and I and I am the world's biggest wimp about scary movies, especially Freddie movies. Even seeing a preview/commercial for that will give me nightmares.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    (which I have a reason to be afraid of as I woke up one night as a kid to discover thousands of freshly hatched baby spiders crawling all over me from head to toe)

^ What nightmares are made of.

And I feel you, I'm TERRIFIED of cockroaches, but don't have issues with any other insect. Even big fat hairy spiders. But I'll straight up have a panic attack if I have to deal with a cockroach alone. =/
  • amaryllis135
    Options
    Here's a really embarassing and probably really sad sounding one. I'm scared all the time the man I love will fall out of love with me. He has no idea I have this fear I hope because I put on my confident face. And he gives me no reason to feel this way at all.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I have the same fears that anyone else would have regarding my kids and loved ones.

But as far as irrational fears go... I guess I would have to say aliens. "Fire In The Sky" was the only move that has ever given me nightmares, after seeing it as a kid, for the longest time I was afraid to go outside alone at night because I didn't want to get abducted.

I used to own a house that had a small backyard that backed up to a cornfield, there was a motion sensing flood light that would come on in the middle of the night, I would jump out of bed and look out of the window and not see anything and half expect something an alien to come out of the corn.

you probably do get abducted they just wipe your memory of it happens all the time:smile:
  • My6Sstory
    My6Sstory Posts: 281
    Options
    I am terrified of the dark. Always have been. I will not walk around the house in the dark if I am alone, but when I have someone with me, I'm fine. Same if I am outdoors. I can't be alone.

I also don't like basements, even fully furnished ones. Something about it being under the ground bothers me. Unfinished basements are the worst.

You got my vote all the way
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    The moments before death...Not scared of death because I'll be dead but those few moments as the inevitable approaches, I'll be scared to...well you know lol
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Weird one for you ...the ocean...scuba diving is not on my bucket list.

But I'm cool with surfing
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm actually terrified of the dark, too. I cannot sleep if there's not some kind of light or sound to occupy my mind and distract me from the fact that it's dark.

I'm, also, afraid of death. Not just my own. But death in general.

Oh, yes, claustrophobia here as well. I literally start to panic if I feel trapped. I don't do elevators and if people trap me in aisles in the store, I admit. I get rude with them. Not to be mean, but because I HAVE to have an escape route at all times. Small spaces, being trapped. *shudder*
  • ParamoreAddict
    Options
    Here's a really embarassing and probably really sad sounding one. I'm scared all the time the man I love will fall out of love with me. He has no idea I have this fear I hope because I put on my confident face. And he gives me no reason to feel this way at all.

Been there before and I'm sure many others have before as well. No need to be embarrassed. Low self-esteem can be a b*tch.
  • My6Sstory
    Options
    Anyone else afraid of/ disgusted by maggots?
  • HapaHaole92
    HapaHaole92 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of never finding my one love and also being cyber bullied.
  • ParamoreAddict
    Options

Disgusted...yes. Afraid of...no. Just reminded me of that scene with the maggots in Lost Boys lol
  • My6Sstory
    Options

Disgusted...yes. Afraid of...no. Just reminded me of that scene with the maggots in Lost Boys lol

I feel like they would be flesh eaters lol
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    1. Failure (leads to low-risk taking behaviour; i.e. not doing something I might not be good at. Working on it.)
    2. Spiders (I love how so many other people are also scared of spiders!)
  • ParamoreAddict
    Options

I feel like they would be flesh eaters lol

Nah...They only feast on decaying flesh...Okay I just creeped myself out a bit writing that lol Yet another reason to get cremated.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Not afraid of them, but very, very disgusted by them. :sick:
  • Monozelle
    Monozelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of not being able to live life to the fullest, letting opportunities pass me by instead of grabbing them and achieving my dreams.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Deep water. As soon as I can't touch the bottom, I panic. Clowns. And when I was little it was dolls, especially the ones with the flapping eyelids *shudder*. I would burst into tears and run screaming from the room if I ever got a doll for a gift. They still give me the heebie jeebies.