Protein Morning Shake

Options
I am looking for a recipe for a protein shake for in the morning. Does anyone know a good recipe and what type of protein to use? Also with no artificial stuff....
Thanks
Melissa

Replies

• ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    wow.... did I open this up at the right time lol.... I have literally over 50 recipes!

I use a basic French Vanilla, Cookies and Cream, or Chocolate Protein Powder (Herbalife). I used lots of different stuff in them.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    4EverFit Whey Isolate Mango Blast ( I entered this product in the M FP database). I scoop = 28 grams, 100 calories.
    I use Ocean Spray cranberry diet juice (or any other flavor) it has about 5 calories in 8 oz.
    Greek yogourt (any flavor) about 50 calories in 3 oz
    Frozen strawberries or any other fruit. Add ice if the fruit is fresh.
    Put in blender until everything is smooth and enjoy.

If you have left over mix you can put it in plastic cups, cover with foil and freeze.You will have a tasty desert later on.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Does a potien powder count as artificial stuff? You looking for something more along the lines of 3 eggs, almond milk, a dash of vanilla, in a blender?
  • mtrhodes
    mtrhodes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like a protein powder...I just don't know about the product or which to get. I need something filling for the morning or lunch. I just don't want any artifical sweetners and additional chemicals if I can help it. Thanks for the replies! @ tross0924 congratulations on your success what has been your key to success?
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I use a premade shake by Premier Nutrition. It saves me a few minutes every morning and it makes it easier to pack one for lunch if I don't have to worry about keeping it cold. 30 g protein, 1 g sugar, 3 g fat, and a ton of vitamins. It's not until you get to the added vitamins that you get to the unpronouncable ingredients. :-)

As for my success, it's all about counting calories and moving as much as you can. Took me 4 months before I added any kind of exercise at all. Now I'm doing at least an hour a day. I also try and eat every 2 - 3 hours, so if I ever get hungry I know I'll be eating in just a little bit. That helped alot in the beggining. :-)

GL and feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.