Breakfast Help!

Options
I need help with Breakfast foods that I can make the night before (or on a sunday and have it last all week). I do not have time in the morning to make a healthy breakfast, and everything that is quick is either processed, too many calories, or just completely unhealthy! And I hate oatmeal sadly. I have allotted around 400 cals or less for breakfast. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• awaywiththeFairys
    awaywiththeFairys Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maybe you like this it`s under 400 cals and you can prep some before :)
    Fruit and Nut Breakfast Brown Rice
    YOU'LL NEED:

¾ cup cooked brown rice (can use precooked frozen version)
    1 apple, finely chopped
    1 Tbsp. sliced almonds
    1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
    ½ tsp. cinnamon
    2 tsp. honey

Top rice with apple, nuts and cinnamon; drizzle with honey.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs
    deviled eggs
    meat roll ups
    left overs from dinner
    bake a quiche and cut it into wedges for the week ? easy peasy :) and you can get creative with the ingredients .
  • gypsyone96
    gypsyone96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1. google "overnight oats"
    2. chop up 3 apples and pack them in 6 bags. eat one each morning with a couple spoons of greek yogurt
    3. boil some eggs
  • MargaretCooze
    MargaretCooze Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem...I have fresh fruit - grapes, strawberries and peach chopped up with yoghurt and bran flakes. It is heavy on the sugar but very filling and comes in under 350 calories. I make it the night before - takes about 10mins and leave it in the fridge ready to take to work.
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Nature is really good at quick breakfasts:bananas, berries, apples, pears, oranges, grapefruit, peaches, grapes, nuts, ................ What's so hard?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I would make a big frittata/crust less quiche with eggs, perhaps some meat and loads of vegies. Cut it in to portions and freeze - you can eat it cold or reheated. It's a great source of protein and fat to keep you full, and everyone needs vegies :P you can prepare it to suit your own macro/calorie needs.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    Search for DIY museli bars or breakfast muffins. You can prepare them in advance, and making them yourself you can nix all the extra sugar you get in store brought ones
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    have you considered making your own Breakfast Bars. There are some good recipes on YouTube using organic products
  • chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs with either fruit or juice
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Cashew butter (30 grams) and banana sandwich (any peanut or tree nut butter really)
    1/2 scoop chocolate whey protein in 1 cup unsweetened almond milk.

Really satisfying and quick to make!
    ~400 calories depending on amounts/brands