girls do u weigh more when on your period

Options
I am just wondering if u weigh more when on your period I have seemed to gain 2lb basically over night and today I have come on my period. I have stuck to my diet haven't eaten any fatty foods or anything so the only thing I can put it down to is my period? can this be true?

Replies

• metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes, about 1kg each time for about 1 week
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think it happens to most. It goes away afterward for me (usually with a little extra if I'm lucky).
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    absolutely.
  • biancabbz
    Options
    Thanks everyone x
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    omg yes - usually 3 lbs more and then it all comes off plus 1 or 2 more when I'm done.
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    4 pounds for me
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yup. Pee more too. All of that retained water has to leave somehow :).
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    5# every month
  • thesimsisters
    thesimsisters Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was up .9 today and I'm hoping it's because I'm getting ready to start my period. I've logged religiously so I should have lost this week. I wouldn't even question it normally but I just started with my fitbit at Christmas so I still don't "trust" it. But, yes a lot of times I've been up 3 lbs on my period then have a great loss the next week.
  • WhisperingCloud
    WhisperingCloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be frustrating! I usually gain 3-5 pounds in the week before my period, actually. And then, halfway through my period, it falls off, and I feel skinnier than ever. Between the cravings for salt and sugar, and the irritability, it can be a tough time, best to ignore the scale for a week and plunge ahead with doing what you know is right.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Always 2-3 lbs the week before my period but they go away on the 3rd day or so.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah it's totally normal.
    (I'm really shocked by the amount of grown women who don't know about their health/bodies.. how does this happen?)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yes, up to 5lb for me. Sometimes, it starts going up a week before. As soon as I'm done, the scale goes back down.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Yes - and it's happening right now! Augh... I feel so huge, but good thing I know it's because it's that time.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    3-5 every month
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    yes. I don't weight myself until a day or two after.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Always.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yep, and to keep myself from stressing over it, I just don't weigh myself during that time. It's a little depressing, even if you know the scale will go back down.
  • pettyk
    pettyk Posts: 1
    Options
    Weirdly enough, I always gain the week prior to my period. Then I tend to go back to normal by the end of my period.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I weigh 5lbs more starting the week before and it doesn't go back down until the second day of. I just learned not to weigh myself during that time.