Sportline Elite Duo 560

Options
I just bought this heart rate monitor today and I am having a ton of trouble figuring it out!!
Do any of you use it?

Replies

• kgeresy
    Options
    yep and its great :)

basically you have your time, training , timer and alarm,

in training a long press on mode while there , then you can adjust your training options like
    alarms to stay in a specific zone, you can choose from preset zones or you can make your own,

also you can make an alarm for it when your go beyond or below ur zone it will sound a beep

once done long press on mode will get you back to training

in training once you press on start , it will begin the timer and look for your pulse

should locate it within like 15 sec top

then you should begin your work out,

the top left bottom one small press will set a lap, a long press will stop/pause the work out, then if you press the lower left bottom it will reset the workout (beware once you reset it you wont be able to retrive the history)

then while in workout you can press on the below left bottom small presses will move you from diff info like
    time for whole workout
    A = time above determined heart rate zone \
    I= time within the heart rate zone
    B=time below heart rate zone
    Calories,
    Max heart rate + avrg heart rate
    grams of fat burnt (not sure about that one)

i hope that helped,

it is a really cool heart rate monitor, i love it , some of the more expensive watches doesnt have half of its features

problems you might face maybe that the watch pick up ur heart rate,

you can wet lightly the heart rate strap (very very lightly ) to make it pick up ur pulse

enjoy

good luck
  • Deftness
    Deftness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Did you figure out how to use it? The instructions were clear but I guess I really need someone to SHOW me. I accidentally hit reset after my workout and I couldn't see my calorie burn, which is the main reason I got it. Also not everything seems to be completely reset so I'm worried it will mess with my workout tomorrow.
  • outlandish30
    outlandish30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just got this today too. How do you reset your calories burned?
  • rosem1124
    rosem1124 Posts: 17
    Options
    I just purchased this heart rate monitor and im almost ready to throw it out the window smh.... but thru trial and error i think im starting to get the hang of it ... it requires work to learn how to use it... im so use to my old one i just put in it press start and the calories start showing ...is there a easy way to see your calorie burn with this monitor????? please help....frustrated
  • SAH1906
    SAH1906 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just picked it up today. It can't be THAT much worse than the MIO Sport that required me to dry it TWENTY TIMES during a 2 mile run.
  • fightingautism
    Options
    Anyone know of specific iPhone apps that will innervate with the monitor?
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    When you guys use it do you have to start the timer to start the chest strap reading? Even after that though it takes some time for it to really take effect.

I use the one touch with the timer until it kicks in so that I get some sort of reading.
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have to press start on the timer to get it to start reading my heart rate. I had an older version for several years and it finally went out. in order to reset the timer you have to be in the heart rate mode. press and hold the start/stop button for 2-3 seconds to stop the timer/workout. Then press and hold the reset button for 2-3 seconds until you hear a beep and see the timer and lap reset to zero. Really my only problem is that the calories burned seems a little high. I have tried several online calculators using my average or even my highest heart rate along with weight, etc and they always calculate a much lower rate.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Im returning mine. Its way too unreliable. Bought a Polar FT4 instead and will compare when it arrives.
  • sarahrahrah89
    Options
    I have a question.... Can this be used to track how many calories you burn in an entire day? Or only during a workout? If this one can't, do any of you know if there is a product out there for this purpose?
  • joehempel
    Options
    No it wont. Try a fitbit, or jawbone or Nike Fuel Band.
  • toigeorge
    Options
    I have a question, is this monitor meant for women...mine won't pick up my heart rate at all
  • joehempel
    Options
    That's because it's a garbage heart rate monitor
  • Mobil2004
    Mobil2004 Posts: 10
    Options
    I know this is an older thread but I'm hoping someone can help me! I have figured out how to read the calories burned but now I can't figure out how to reset it back to zero. I've just been subtracting the calories it shows when I get started from when I get done with a work out but I'm sure there's a better way to do this! Has anyone here figured it out yet?
  • rodneykistler
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear others are having problems too. I bought it last year and still hate. Never use it and still can't figure it out?
  • ManderWebb
    ManderWebb Posts: 19
    Options
    I bought one on eBay because it was cheap, I'm not ready to shell out over $100 for something to track my heart rate... and my husband wouldn't let me, LOL!

I've tried to use it three times during my boxing routing to track calories... couldn't get it to start the first time, worked perfect the second time, and the third time, today, I couldn't get it to start before the workout got going. Most reviews seem to indicate people really love it, but I think it's just going to take more time to get REALLY familiar with... it's definitely not user friendly.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Those are generally fake reviews

That HRM overestimates by like 3-400 calories and is really off and on when it wants to connect. Spend $60 and get a Polar FT4 on eBay