Bust: 34"
Waist: 31"
Hips: 38"

Now my stats exactly a week later:
Weight: 136.4lbs
Waist: 29.5"
Hips: 37"

My goal weight is 120lbs but I don't really have an eye to have goal inches, but that's okay because any inches lost makes me happy!

I'm so excited. Measuring inches is so much more motivating to me than losing number on the scale. Even though I'm losing both and I am happy about losing both, losing inches means that there is a visible change and that makes me so happy!

For the heck of it, being 5'3", does anyone have any idea what would be a good measurements goal? Also, What are your stats so far? And what's your goal? :)

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I think a 26-27" waist with your current hips will give you a very nice curve and feminine definition. Just my 2 cents. :) you sounds a potential pear to me.
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    I think a 26-27" waist with your current hips will give you a very nice curve and feminine definition. Just my 2 cents. :) you sounds a potential pear to me.

Thanks! :) I know that I want to lose more on my hips because I have love handles that I'm not happy with lol. But they are making progress! I just don't know what number to think of for my hips, I'm bad with visualizing measurements. I will set my current goal for my hips at 26" like you suggested, and suggestion for the hips? :) and thanks again!
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    Bump!
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    Bump!
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add to this except to say congrats!!! I agree that measuring your waist is much more motivating than stepping on a scale. I lost 0.25 inches in a few days. I'm so pumped. Hopefully I'll get down to a 28" waist in 3 weeks.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    ideal measurements are going to be different for everyone...much of it is going to depend on your frame, etc. Personally, the only thing I pay attention to is BF%...BF% doesn't lie. If you are at an appropriate BF% you will have appropriate measurements and will be at an appropriate weight regardless of your shape/frame, etc.
  • mmargarette
    mmargarette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a 21 year old female and I'm 5'3".
    So my stats when I started :
    Weight : 140lbs

My goal weight is 120lbs but I don't really have an eye to have goal inches, but that's okay because any inches lost makes me happy!

I'm so excited. Measuring inches is so much more motivating to me than losing number on the scale. Even though I'm losing both and I am happy about losing both, losing inches means that there is a visible change and that makes me so happy!

For the heck of it, being 5'3", does anyone have any idea what would be a good measurements goal? Also, What are your stats so far? And what's your goal? :)

mind sharing your routine? :)
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    I'm a 21 year old female and I'm 5'3".
    So my stats when I started :
    Weight : 140lbs

mind sharing your routine? :)

I just stay within my calories ( at the time were 1360 but have since changed to 1200) and I don't eat after 8pm( not because I think it will turn into fat at night lol but simply because night time is my enemy considering it is when I do my snacking and binging on junk food while I'm watching tv so not eating after 8 prevents my junk splurges). And I do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.
    Considering the fact that I don't have much to lose (20lbs, which is a lot to me but not overall with other peoples situations) I was quite shocked to see this much progress from just the first week, but I'll take it! Lol. I'm expecting it to slow down eventually, probably soon, and I'll drop down to losing 1lb or 0.5lb but I'm okay with that too because progress is progress and I know I will get there slowly but surely :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Thanks! :) I know that I want to lose more on my hips because I have love handles that I'm not happy with lol. But they are making progress! I just don't know what number to think of for my hips, I'm bad with visualizing measurements. I will set my current goal for my hips at 26" like you suggested, and suggestion for the hips? :) and thanks again!

just to be clear 26" is waist, not hips. :) I think with 26" waist, 35-36 hips is nice enough. at least that's my goal. :)
  • wen1965
    Options
    I'm a lot older than you and have had 3 babies. My goal for my waist is 28", You could go a little smaller depending on your build.
    I started at 31" and a week later I was at 29.5" too. My hip goal is not relevant to a 21 yo because babies tend to move things and change your shape a bit.
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you OP! I've also lost inches this week doing Jillian michaels 30 Day Shred. In 7 days I lost 4lbs and 2.5 inches over all. One inch on my natural waist, inch around my belly button and half an inch off my bust. I also stayed under my daily calories all week which is 1520. I'm 5'8 and 31 years old.
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I've lost 20lbs. Start weight was 142lbs

My waist measures at 28" and hips 38". I'm really comfortable at this weight and shape. The inches lost are really motivating!
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    I'm a lot older than you and have had 3 babies. My goal for my waist is 28", You could go a little smaller depending on your build.
    I started at 31" and a week later I was at 29.5" too. My hip goal is not relevant to a 21 yo because babies tend to move things and change your shape a bit.

Thanks! And although I'm 21, I have a son, so I have momma hips :)
  • aharper84
    aharper84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

My Mama hips didn't decide to show up until after baby 3.
  • lizj0nes21
    Options

My Mama hips didn't decide to show up until after baby 3.

Lol you're lucky, I had next to no hips before I was pregnant and now they stand out the most. I don't mind, I like that it gives me curves but I don't like the love handles on my hips.