Your best Spinach recipes???

Options
I really want some good Spinach recipes, let me know what you love?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,721 Member
    Options
    Spinach namul

http://koreanfood.about.com/od/sidedishesbanchan/r/sigumchinamul.htm

Or just sauteed with garlic, salt and a scant amount of butter.
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im not a veggie person and spinach is one of the few I can tolerate without wanting to gag so I add it to as much as I can
    I mix it with couscous tomatoes onions and garlic with a little plain greek yogurt and monterey jack cheese
    I eat that with fish or chicken

I add it into a "smoothie" made of half a banana frozen strawberries milk(or almond milk) one TBS of unsweetened cocoa powder and spinach

lasagne

I use it instead of lettuce on nachos and tacos
  • kzertuche
    kzertuche Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Spinach stuffed chicken with (brown) rice pilaf
    chicken breast pounded to about 1/4 inch thick, wilt 2 or 3 cups spinach (I cheat and use the microwave for a few seconds)
    I mix the spinach with 1/4 cup fat free sour cream and 1/4 cup mozzarella, then spoon the mixture onto the chicken, then I fold it over, wrap it in turkey bacon and bake for 35-45 mins at 350, I typically make 3 or 4 of these at a time depending on how big the pieces of chicken end up when hammered down (or butterfly cut if you are lazy like me)
    Then I cut up carrot, onion, celery and mince some garlic and boil it with brown rice, substituting chicken broth for 1/2 the water because I don't add salt to anything
    If its a little dry I make a white wine sauce using 1 tbs butter, 1/2 cup white wine, shallots, and some garlic.
    I never measure garlic because the amount I use will depend on the day and how I feel.
    The leftover fresh spinach goes on the salad
    I should mention that the cooking time varies, if they are really stuffed it can take longer, I always cut into them to make sure they are done
  • I really like mixing a cup of spinach with a cup of spaghetti squash and a clementine. Awesome salad.