Homemade booze

Options
My grandma makes bottles of sloe gin, sloe vodka, raspberry vodka etc every year as Christmas presents for us.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how on earth i would log it? I think the only ingredients are raspberries, sugar and cheap vodka but i have no clue how much sugar.

Should i just avoid drinking it altogether?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    *ahem* You should definitely send that to me and not drink it at all. *nod* :drinker: :drinker: :laugh:

Seriously, just log it as vodka, kinda guestimate the sugar. Or ask Nana about how much sugar does she put in.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ok, we can all agree that not drinking it is not the solution here. :drinker:

I would make a guess based on comparable products on the market, or ask her for the recipe so you can put it in the recipe builder here.
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I can drink it with a bit less guilt now lol
  • laceandbits
    Options
    Usually about the same weight of sugar as fruit, so quite a bit, but then the alcohol is diluted by the fruit's juice. Probably the best way to work it out is to do the calorie count on the total for the 3 ingredients bearing in mind that a full bottle is only about half to two-thirds vodka, gin or brandy, then divide it back into how much you drink at a time. So speak to Gran, and maybe help her next time