Hi, 40 something newbie here - need MFP friends

Options
My name is Kari, and I've made my New Years Resolution to try to get back in shape, loose some weight, and overall become more physically fit. I am in my mid 40s, and have used MFP and Runtastic off and on for about a year now, but my goal for 2014 is to commit 6 days/week to doing exercise - either cardio or strength based.

I would like to become friends with more people (either newbies like myself or mentors that can motivate and encourage me as I motivate and encourage them) :flowerforyou:

Replies

• wendybeale7
    wendybeale7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    New to mfp myself, but not new to loosing and gaining and then gaining some more. Somewhere I just lost control and woke up weighing some 100 pounds heavier then I should. At 44, it's no longer about vanity. I am acutely aware that I will not live much longer if I allow myself to keep on the road I have been. Reality hits pretty hard when the Dr's are calling you Morbid obese. In other words DEADLY FAT!!!! I may not have all the tricks, and I will not always be a good cheerleader, I absolutely SUCK at changing my diet for foods I had refuse to eat 30+ years ago, so I will not suggest you eat all your GREENS either. I will never be one of those 5am roll out of bed and run 20 miles or insist that you boost your cardio up to max level. I will however, understand how incredibly difficult this lifestyle change will be and will offer support, a kind word, and maybe a laugh or two. You and others are welcome to add me as a friend.
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I can motivate....Have a great friend base and I have been at it for 2 years strait! FR Sent!
  • jenns717
    jenns717 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You have come to the right place. This is a great place to help each other feeling more connected to our goals! Encouragement, friends and motivation! Sending you friend request :)
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I can also motivate... I am 45 and I started last year on 1/11/14 and have lost 60+ lbs so far. FR sent.
  • sherpasmom
    sherpasmom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sending a FR. Re-tracing some steps from being lax since October, but back on track now. I'm a walker but adding running as I can, and just did a 5k this past Saturday! :)
  • noratas
    noratas Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too. I'm in my mid-forties, needing to lose about 15 pounds and then hopefully keeping it off! I could use friends as well to keep me encouraged and accountable.
  • snowbear1005
    snowbear1005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 43 and looking to lose up to 40 more lbs. I just started a running and strength training program this week.
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    HELLO!
  • audubontrail
    audubontrail Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for about three weeks, and so far, so good. Sending FR.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Been on mfp since August 2012- still have a little more to lose - feel free to friend me!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • 1exercisefreak
    1exercisefreak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and would love to be your friend :smile:
  • tmgirl00
    Options
    I'm 45, just joined today. New to MFP, but not new to weight loss. Sure would love to have some friends on this lifelong journey.:smile:
  • anname9203
    anname9203 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 45 and joined MFP in 2011 but just came back in the fall of 2013 after a stint with Weight Watchers. I have about 20 more pounds to go and am committed to sticking with losing that and keeping all the weight I lost off this time! I've been up and down over the years and I don't want to ever go back up again. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • hopedangling
    Options
    You can friend me!! Kinda new here...I've been gone for a while...want to get back on track for 2014 too!! Welcome!!
  • bitshred
    bitshred Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and new here. I'm sending you guys FR's.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 40 and can motivate. Recently reached my goal and went into maintenance but I can certainly help cheer anyone along. Anyone is welcome to send me a friend request.
  • 8MINA8
    8MINA8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been a member MFP since August 2013, but just started using the program in earnest five days ago. I could use new friends to help me stay motivated. I'm 46 and have about 50 pounds to lose.
  • goingtodoitin14
    Options
    I also, am in my 40's and made a New Year's resolution to lose weight and be more physically fit. Got a personal trainer to start:) Feel free to add me:)
  • mamasitaroja
    mamasitaroja Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 40 in October, and have lost up to 38# using MFP and walking. I am a stress eater, and have gained a lot of it back this holiday, with family issues and starting a new RN program on Monday. BUT I am determined to take control and get back to my goal weight and STAY THERE while still living my (busy) life.

I am inclined to focus on balancing foods, I don't eat much fast food at all, and post recipes to the database that I use on my list. I believe in keeping it positive, but am not above some dark humor about this whole process. :) Feel free to add me, I will be there to help!:smile: